Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Electronics » Why is everything good?

Why is everything good?

#

Posted - September 22, 2019

Responses

Because Millennials protesting in the streets have suddenly changed the world for the better. THANKS!!! 
      September 22, 2019 6:03 PM MDT

•   September 22, 2019 6:14 PM MDT

Because of Passolini

September 22, 2019 6:54 PM MDT

Because of Mr. Mike, too.

;)

(probably not on the level of Pasolini - - but you know how Mr. Mike gets to me, ha. Everything is good.) [And I hope to catch up on lots of posts you replied to, I think/songs to listen to/etc. Busy days lately. Hi to you. And Twinkle Dink, too. :) ]

:)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 22, 2019 7:27 PM MDT
      September 22, 2019 7:12 PM MDT

HAH!!! Mr.Mike is the hot diggity dog!LOL
    I am totally immersed in all things Passolini. Besides being one of my favorite fill directors, artists, and poet, he is a personal hero of mine.
    Dude, I am saddened and intrigued by how he died. Such a beautiful man in every way.

Yes! I will relay your "Howdy's" to Twinkle Dink. He is recovering from being ill right now.
      September 22, 2019 7:27 PM MDT

Thanks!
    EDIT: Sorry to hear about Twinkle Dink's current health.

I don't know a lot of Passolini other than I know his name and the respect he received/s.

Ha, did you get a chance to watch all of this particular Mr Mike clip?
    He's quite a good musician/singer/ guitarist, too, to me now. What is it about him that I find so hot? Ha! He's so incredibly appealing --  he comes across so unassuming and charming and honest and kind and quietly silly and handsome and a nice singing voice and . . .

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 23, 2019 8:08 AM MDT
      September 22, 2019 7:45 PM MDT

As a film buff, Welby...I HIGHLY suggest you check out his works. There will be an exam mid-November exam!
     197212 dicembre (Documentary) (uncredited)
     1971The Walls of Sana'a (Documentary short)
     1969Medea
     1969Porcile
     1969Love and Anger (segment "La sequenza del fiore di carta")
     1968Orgia
     1968Teorema
     1968Appunti per un film sull'India (TV Short documentary)
     1968Capriccio all'italiana (segment "Che cosa sono le nuvole?")
     1967Pasolini intervista: Ezra Pound (TV Short documentary) (uncredited)
     1967The Witches (segment "Terra vista dalla luna, La")

Pardon the Cop & Paste, but all of these are great films. Salo is perhaps his most infamous. Anyone who merely describes this film as shocking or gross is NOT a film buff and they don't understand the premise of the film which is a transposition of the infamous works of the Marquis De Sade (120 days to Sodom)  to post WWII Italy as a scathing indictment of fascism, elitism, and destruction of youth & innocence.  Every sequence, every shot and practically every moment of this film is so burdened with despair, barely concealed rage and a towering disgust with the human race. Although ostensibly an adaptation of one of DeSade's most depraved works channeled through the horrifying excesses of the Second World War with the Fascist ruling classes as its (authentically vile) villains, SALO contains a lot of contemporary criticism towards modern society.

I love this film for its beauty.  It is highly thought that Passolini was killed because he made this movie which is the ultimate sacrifice for his art. 

September 23, 2019 9:19 AM MDT

I've not seen any of these movies.

Tanks for all of this. Interesting stuff for sure! (That was intended to be a "Thanks," not "Tanks," but I like the typo - so it stays.)     :)

From the list, I couldn't tell what year "Salo" was released. Was wondering since you mentioned that many think he may have been killed for making it, so I wondered if it was his last movie or something. I assume he was murdered somehow? Or some sort of accident?

Mid-November exam? Yikes! :)

September 23, 2019 8:13 PM MDT

• I could google and pretend I know who this is, but I have no clue :/ but good if he is why things are good :)

• Because everything is AWESOME !!!!!!

•   yeah!! This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at September 23, 2019 2:05 PM MDT
      September 22, 2019 7:29 PM MDT

• YEZZZ!!
      September 22, 2019 7:36 PM MDT

• ;) I gots you. 
      September 22, 2019 7:38 PM MDT

• I'm were no one can get me.  That's why.
      September 22, 2019 7:39 PM MDT

• Not even bears?
      September 22, 2019 7:45 PM MDT

• Not even bears.  I think there my be a few coyotes here but that's what bullets are for.

Unless there are lake  bears.   Oh god there aren't any lake bears.
      September 22, 2019 7:49 PM MDT

• what about the fishers???
      September 22, 2019 7:51 PM MDT

• Definitely no fishercats on this rock.  Just coyotes, deer, and a F-ton of cormorants.
      September 22, 2019 7:52 PM MDT

• You doing good? 
      September 22, 2019 7:54 PM MDT

• Yeah :D.  Couldn't be better.
    At my boss's camp were the Lake empties into the River.   
      September 22, 2019 8:02 PM MDT

• Nice :) I’m glad. 
      September 22, 2019 8:04 PM MDT

• Nice beret.   I dig the whole glamour both thing you got going on.
      September 22, 2019 8:06 PM MDT

• Lol, the beret is Snapchat added but thanks ;) maybe I should buy one But I probably won’t ;) 
      September 22, 2019 8:08 PM MDT

• But it's like the official headdress of your people.
      September 22, 2019 8:10 PM MDT