Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Did Jesus heal on the Sabbath just to irritate the Pharrasies?

Did Jesus heal on the Sabbath just to irritate the Pharrasies?

Posted - September 24, 2019

Responses

• Well, short answer...I wouldn't put it past him.  He made it obvious on various occasions his disapproval and borderline disdain for the sanctimonious piety of the Scribes and Pharisees.  Peeling back the many layers of truth however we find underneath that where they were about the Law, He was about Love and love demanded that he tend to those who are in need.

September 25, 2019 12:54 AM MDT

I agree. Jesus seemed to be more disturbed about the hardening of there hearts than there hypocrisy. He realized the Law they new so well, and even Jesus advised to listen to there teachings, missed the whole point  of the true meaning of being holy like our Heavenly Father. Full of grace and truth, and remember Jesus said, if you love your neighbor as you love yourself, you have fulfilled the Law in its entirety.
      September 25, 2019 1:03 AM MDT

• Your powerful proclamations of faith put a smile on my face, carbonproduct.
      September 25, 2019 1:06 AM MDT

All glory goes to God, I had nothing to do with it. lol
      September 25, 2019 1:15 AM MDT

Not quite, He was also making a point. Quit quibbling about the colour of the leaves at the expense of ignoring the whole forest. I agree with your point about the hardening of hearts, but the hypocrisy went hand in glove with that. Matt 23:13-33.
      September 25, 2019 1:43 AM MDT