Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Business » Are you glad CEOs make so much money?

Are you glad CEOs make so much money?

#%$%$%$%$%$

Posted - September 26, 2019

Responses

I don't want to work for someone making minimum wage.
      September 26, 2019 9:32 PM MDT

September 27, 2019 5:14 AM MDT

• Oh absolutely...the more millions they can rake in means the more hundreds that I get to bank.  Chaaaaa ching. 
      September 27, 2019 5:53 AM MDT

I'm indifferent ... it really doesn't affect me, how much they make.
      September 27, 2019 2:19 PM MDT

Can't see the justification.
    Have heard the reasons given - but they usually don't add up against the achievements.
    There've been quite a few current affairs programs recently which have outlined outrageous pay for CEO's of companies who are breaking laws to make money.
    In Australia, all the big banks were found in an inquiry to have been making money from unconscionable behaviours. Things like charging money for no services on the accounts of clients who had died long after being informed of the death. Or talking mentally disabled people into borrowing large amounts of money or paying for insurance policies they didn't need. The list if offences is shocking.
    The CEO's put heavy pressure on investment advisers and other white-collar workers to meet targets in exactly these ways.
    They were paid outrageous salaries and bonuses to achieve profits - with no limits on how.
      September 28, 2019 2:55 AM MDT

When I was young, we were very poor. My mother took in washing and ironing for rich people. One family was that of a CEO of a large construction company that built turnpikes and amusement parks, etc. I always was freaked out by the intercom  they had at their house.  Anyway, we got by financially thanks to the generosity of that CEO. He is long gone now but his company is still building stuff.
      September 29, 2019 7:35 AM MDT

Thrilled.
      September 29, 2019 7:38 AM MDT

You must be high right now.
      September 29, 2019 9:24 AM MDT