Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Adam Schiff lied again. Claimed he knew nothing and had not spoken to the whistleblower. What should happen now?

Adam Schiff lied again. Claimed he knew nothing and had not spoken to the whistleblower. What should happen now?

Schiff is the person who told the whistleblower to get a lawyer. And go to the IG. 

Time for a INDEPENDENT investigation? How can Schiff be left in charge of this?

Posted - October 2, 2019

Responses

President Trump spent the entire afternoon lying and slandering about the press (again!), Mr Schiff, the Bidens, and the Whistleblower, what should happen to him? 
    Time for an investigation,... oh, right.
    How can he be left in charge? 

What a show today, huh?  This post was edited by Don Barzini at October 4, 2019 7:25 AM MDT
      October 2, 2019 5:34 PM MDT

William Barr lied again.  
    Guiliani lied again.
    Trump lies because it is Wednesday, so do not ever try and point any finger at any DEM.
      October 2, 2019 5:38 PM MDT

So it is ok for Schiff to lie? And be in charge of an Impeachment?  Should he not recuse himself?
      October 2, 2019 5:41 PM MDT

Is it ok for Trump to lie, over 12000 times? And still be in charge of the Executive Branch?
    Should he not resign? 

Lets not push any double standards now. This post was edited by Don Barzini at October 4, 2019 7:25 AM MDT
      October 2, 2019 5:47 PM MDT

She's gonna ask you when did he lie next.  I'm preparing you.  She just asked me when did Mike Pompus peo ever lie.  Sheesh.
      October 2, 2019 5:50 PM MDT

The answer is self-evident. Trump was speaking today. He was tweeting this morning.. The falsehoods abound.

Let‘s go with:
    “Mexico will pay for the wall”; or,
    “Climate change is a Chinese Hoax“; or, anything starting with “a lot of people say...”; or,
    any of the maps Trump has endorsed. This post was edited by Don Barzini at October 4, 2019 7:26 AM MDT
      October 2, 2019 5:55 PM MDT

Alligators in the moat, snakes that float let's push Trump off the boat and everyone will laugh and gloat.

...everyone is laughing at them is his best one.  I believe that is called projection and deflection.  
      October 2, 2019 5:57 PM MDT

https://www.flake.news/now/2018/11/26/trump-commissions-moat
      October 2, 2019 6:08 PM MDT

What is funny to me, is that the Orange Fool was hating on the WASHINGTON POST for reporting these things, when it was actually in an article, quoted from an upcoming book, in the NEW YORK TIMES. 

Truly, The Fool never knows wtf he is talking about. And it shows. Both funny AND pathetic. This post was edited by Don Barzini at October 4, 2019 7:26 AM MDT
      October 2, 2019 6:50 PM MDT

And that fool that did not even know the word THOUGH was in the transcript?  How about that guy? 
      October 2, 2019 7:50 PM MDT

A partisan acolyte of The Fool, appropriately enough. 
      October 2, 2019 7:54 PM MDT

If lying, in and of itself, is that bad, how can the current president be left in charge of anything?

And here is an excerpt from a news article I read -- (and I strongly suspected  there'd be a question about this on answerMug).
    Compared to what the current president has lied about over the years, I think this excerpt makes MUCH more sense as a necessary explanation to the situation.

"The whistleblower, a member of the intelligence community, contacted the committee for guidance on how to report “possible wrongdoing,” according to Patrick Boland, a spokesman for the Intelligence Committee’s chairman, Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif. Boland said that “at no point did the committee review or receive the complaint in advance” and that it is a regular occurrence for whistleblowers to seek guidance from the committee."

And now I'm letting off steam in general (and not to anyone in particular) because I tire of hearing such over-the-top defending of the current president by so many people with whom I live in my area. And so many of these people are so QUICK in their approval. And so quick to question and/or deride anyone who might question The Leader.

The arrogant (yes, he is the living definition of that word) president lies all the time. But that is OK for his base.
    The more he lies, the more his base just jumps in and rationalizes his every word and action. They find a so-called rational reason for everything.

I am more-and-more amazed at HOW much the president's base just stand behind him, no questions asked, full support for everything he does, all the time,every time. Defend him at every turn. "False News!"

The man who will grab some pu**y is 100% FINE and dandy for full-blown Christians.

The man who never served in the military mocks, derides and disrespects John McCain and his family. ("Oh, lower the flag at his death? Nah." And that is OK with everyone.)
    And then he publicly whines and complains about not getting thanked by McCain's family for the superb job he said he did in putting together McCain's funeral.
    His behavior  toward McCain, and his family, both while McCain was alive, and especially after his death, is inexcusable to me and I am shocked how none of that mattered/matters to his base.

Though there are numerous reasons for my disappointment in his job performance, his McCain Behavior put me over the edge. For the leader of our country to behave in such a way is simply UNpresidential to say the least.
    oh, yeah  -- I forgot -- none of this matters at all. He's the Best President in the History of the Universe.

I'm out out here.
    Long day and I allowed myself to get pissed a bit here. (It happened to me, a bit, on another question I answered recently).

I'm going to go and calm down now and read some more of My Favorite Book, The Bible -- especially that Two Corinthians.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at October 4, 2019 4:28 PM MDT
      October 2, 2019 9:32 PM MDT

Amen, Welby
      October 3, 2019 4:35 AM MDT

Thank you, Don Barzini!
    :)
      October 3, 2019 7:58 AM MDT

The whistleblower, a member of the intelligence community, contacted the committee for guidance on how to report “possible wrongdoing,” according to Patrick Boland, a spokesman for the Intelligence Committee’s chairman, Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif. Boland said that “at no point did the committee review or receive the complaint in advance” and that it is a regular occurrence for whistleblowers to seek guidance from the committee."

Schiff's tweets and statements made before the WB report was released seem to indicate he likely knew what was in the WB report. 

And now I'm letting off steam in general (and not to anyone in particular) because I tire of hearing such over-the-top defending of the current president by so many people with whom I live in my area. And so many of these people are so QUICK in their approval. And so quick to question and/or deride anyone who might question The Leader.

The arrogant (yes, he is the living definition of that word) president lies all the time. But that is OK for his base. 
    The more he lies, the more his base just jumps in and rationalizes his every word and action. They find a so-called rational reason for everything.

Arrogant....yes. I doubt anyone with the ego big enough to believe they should or could be POTUS is not arrogant. 
    What lies? Spin and difference of opinion are not lies. 

I am more-and-more amazed at HOW much the president's base just stand behind him, no questions asked, full support for everything he does, all the time,every time. Defend him at every turn. "False News!"

Again...spin and different opinions are lies.

The man who will grab some pu**y is 100% FINE and dandy for full-blown Christians.

No. That is sleazy behaviour and I do not defend it. But do remind people that it is not admitted abuse as most try to claim. He followed up with "they let you". Again not defending just keeping the accusation in check. Trump the man is not a person I would hang out with. But President Trump is one I would love to discuss policy with.

The man who never served in the military mocks, derides and disrespects John McCain and his family. ("Oh, lower the flag at his death? Nah." And that is OK with everyone.)

The flags were ordered to half mass. Again McCain the soldier is a hero. McCain the Senator was a RINO Rep. He campaigned on repeal and replace but was the deciding vote against it. This is a betrayal to his constituents. 

And then he publicly whines and complains about not getting thanked by McCain's family for the superb job he said he did in putting together McCain's funeral.
    His behavior  toward McCain, and his family, both while McCain was alive, and especially after his death, is inexcusable to me and I am shocked how none of that mattered/matters to his base.

If you attack Trump...he will hit back. And the McCain's have attacked Trump plenty. Would it be more presidential or better it he let some of it roll off his back. Certainly....but that is not and has never been Trump. 

Though there are numerous reasons for my disappointment in his job performance, his McCain Behavior put me over the edge. For the leader of our country to behave in such a way is simply UNpresidential to say the least.
    oh, yeah  -- I forgot -- none of this matters at all. He's the Best President in the History of the Universe.

I'm out out here.
    Long day and I allowed myself to get pissed a bit here. (It happened to me, a bit, on another question I answered recently).

I'm going to go and calm down now and read some more of My Favorite Book, The Bible -- especially that Two Corinthians.

Lol...we all make gaffs. Obama said he had campaigned in all 57 states....and just look at poor Biden. It happens.
    My favorite book in the Bible is Matthew. 

This post was edited by my2cents at October 3, 2019 7:26 AM MDT
      October 3, 2019 6:31 AM MDT

Thanks for taking time to reply, my2cents.

I just read that the president said, when asked if he would cooperate with the Ukraine investigation, -- "Well, I always cooperate."
    I call that a lie.
    But, if lying is now just a difference of opinions, so be it.

And I differed with most of your take on my take but I appreciate your taking time to respond to my answer. 
    Yes, I think a president should let some (MOST) things roll off his back - - and his consistent and apparent inability to do so lessens tremendously any respect I try to muster for him. I see some preschool children with more tolerance than this adult man.

In relation to McCain, I may be wrong but I think there was, in relation to similar high-profile deaths, a longer-than-usual delay before the flag was lowered at the White House. I guess the president seemed not to be able to accept McCain's spin and difference of opinion without striking back, something I would hope a president could do, considering the position she or he holds.

I find his behavior disrespectful to the position he holds and I find his behavior disrespectful to the country he represents. And, for me, I find it very difficult to separate his what-I-see-as-disrespectful behavior and then simply chalk it up as 'Oh, well"/"But. . . "/'I may not like that part of him but I still support him." 

Anyway, I admit to be no expert on any of this stuff. Politics are something in which I would miserably fail.

My favorite verse is "Be Still and know that I am God" -- the "Be Still' part especially.

October 3, 2019 7:54 AM MDT

Of course. I enjoy talking with people can do it without trying to belittle the other person. I have never seen you do that. 

On the "I always cooperate." 
    I consider that a truth. I know he allowed all of the people in his administration to be interviewed by Mueller without restrictions. I know they gave Mueller thousands of docts he asked for. President Trump did NOT use executive privilege to prevent testimony by anyone.  Which both Presidents Obama and Clinton have used in investigations of their adminstrations actions. Obama would stall and the committees would expire and they would have to start over. (This is why there where several investigations into Benghazi that 'never found anything'. 
    So what you see as a lie...I see as a complete truth. Now after Mueller was done...no he did not/will not cooperate with Dems in Congress of course. 

I do not know protocal on the flags etc. But I know it was ordered to half mast. I know the McCains and the Bush both used funerals to attack President Trump.  Again yes it wpuld be better if he ignored some stuff....but that is not him...has never been him. He does himself what other Presidents sent their workers out to do. But it amounts to the same thing. But Pres takes ownership of his remarks.  Hillary called me Deplorable. Biden called me a Dreg of Society. 
    Obama called me 'teabagger' and a 'bitter clinger...'
    They all call me a racist bigot for wearing a red Trump hat. 

I believe the Dems are not used to a Rep member who will fight back when they call us names. 

People act as if the name calling started with Trump....no it started long before Trump.  And it is on both sides.

Bit it would be better if they all quite calling names on both sides and we worry about policy cause that is truly what matters even if we disagree on it. We should be able to do it without name calling. 

My favorite verse is Jermiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

October 3, 2019 9:59 AM MDT

“Spin and differing opinions are not lies”. -a false claim. 
    When they assert untrue information, like any other form of fallacious claims, they are indeed lies; even if one is only lying to themself. 
    No one is entitled to their own set of facts. Period. You failed to absorb this truism the last time we spoke about it. 

Then, interestingly, you say, “...spin and differing opinions are lies”.
    So which is it?
    I know you are a moderator on this site, but holy smokes lady, what a poor showing you are making for yourself. 

“What you see as a lie...I see as a complete truth.”
    Therein resides what we all can relate about you. THEE truest statement you made in your entire post, and possibly have ever posted. This post was edited by Don Barzini at October 4, 2019 4:32 PM MDT
      October 3, 2019 5:31 PM MDT

"That is not him, never has been him"

Exactly.

And that is one of many reasons I have immense trouble respecting his position as president.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at October 4, 2019 4:33 PM MDT
      October 3, 2019 7:14 PM MDT

Makes sense. 

I decided to overlook that...and go by policy alone. Clintons are just as sleazy as Trump in personal life.
      October 3, 2019 7:41 PM MDT

I deleted a post I earlier had posted here. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at October 4, 2019 5:19 AM MDT
      October 4, 2019 3:12 AM MDT

Exactly what IS happening.  IGNORING YOUR (MEANING THE GOP AND THE BASE) PATHETIC, TRANSPARENT ATTEMPTS AT DEFLECTION AND CONCENTRATE ON THE LIAR:
    (s)  this is a tribe of liars so deep in their lies that they need people like you to point out some falsehood accusation that no one gives two squats about.

October 3, 2019 10:14 AM MDT

No one cares about.....I care about it. 
      October 3, 2019 11:14 AM MDT

Well, then I'm SURE Trump is perfectly safe because YOU care.  Don't make me laugh.  
      October 3, 2019 12:11 PM MDT