Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Gino LOLobrigida
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Do you 'follow' composers who write original music scores for movies? :)

Do you 'follow' composers who write original music scores for movies? :)

I've been fascinated by movie scores for as long as I can remember

Jerry Goldsmith
John Barry

Bernard Herrmann  (especially his score for "Psycho")

and, MY, I think Thomas Newman may have my soul in his pocket; if I see he wrote the music for a movie, I'll go see the movie -- his music can take me away to better places

- - for example, this short theme to "How To Make an American Quilt" 

( a movie I thought I'd never like; I got outvoted by friends on what movie we all were going t o see together -  and I ended up liking the movie the best of all of us, ha!)

Posted - October 7, 2019

Responses

Nope.
    ~
      October 7, 2019 10:16 PM MDT

I have been fascinated with tildes for as long as I can remember.   Randall D.  
      October 7, 2019 11:58 PM MDT

(Actually, it’s only been since I joined AnswerBag back in 2009.  There were dozens more members there than there are here, and as such, numerous new posts cropped up at a rate of every few minutes. That website also had a great keyword search feature that I used all the time.  I wanted to find a way to search for my own posts, and I needed to narrow them down by some unique identifier. The tilde is rarely used by anyone, so I selected it, and voila, an obsession was born.)
      October 8, 2019 5:42 AM MDT

My playlist is extensive, but anything recent isn't among them.
      October 7, 2019 10:26 PM MDT

What do you like?  
      October 7, 2019 11:56 PM MDT

It is something that would interest me.  There are things I know I would love, a career studying painting and artists, or learn more art skills, and anything to do with movies or music is always of interest.

I just don't have the time to do it.  I love to hear about it.  That is all I have to offer. Just the smatterings of a few scores here and there that I know about.  Not much, but love the subject.

I'm glad I was able to learn a lot when I was young and had time on my hands.  Now?  Forget about it. I don't even have time to clean my house the way I want it.  After I get this house paid for, I can luxuriate a tad and maybe pick up a book again.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 8, 2019 5:43 AM MDT
      October 7, 2019 11:53 PM MDT

I love everything Dave Grusin has done.  And, yes, I have albums.    I like John Barry too, and of course, John Williams has an endless list of great ones.... my favorite of his is Schindler's List.  My very favorite might be Medicine Man by Jerry Goldsmith.

This post was edited by Thriftymaid at October 8, 2019 7:21 PM MDT
      October 8, 2019 3:47 AM MDT