Active Now

Slartibartfast
Malizz
Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » If someone fakes being handicapped, does that make them an invalid invalid?

If someone fakes being handicapped, does that make them an invalid invalid?

Posted - October 8, 2019

Responses

That makes them a low-life gutter rat.
      October 8, 2019 6:30 PM MDT

And yet TRUMP faked bone spurs five times.  Fancy that.

Pentagon & Congress

Trump made up injury to dodge Vietnam service, his former lawyer testifies

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump acknowledged to advisors that he made up a fake injury to avoid military service, because “I wasn’t going to Vietnam,” his former lawyer told lawmakers during testimony on Wednesday.

Michael Cohen, who also worked as a fixer for Trump before his election, said he was tasked with tamping down criticism of the military deferment as the presidential candidate simultaneously mocked Sen. John McCain, a former prisoner of war in Vietnam, for being regarded as a military hero. “I like people who weren’t captured," Trump said during a July 2015 interview.

“Mr. Trump claimed (his medical deferment) was because of a bone spur, but when I asked for medical records, he gave me none and said there was no surgery,” Cohen told members of the House Oversight Committee. “He told me not to answer the specific questions by reporters but rather offer simply the fact that he received a medical deferment.

“He finished the conversation with the following comment: ‘You think I'm stupid, I wasn't going to Vietnam.’”

Comments mocking John McCain spur demands for White House apology
    Comments mocking John McCain spur demands for White House apology

A White House staffer allegedly said the Arizona Republican's views on a controversial nominee aren't important because "he’s dying anyway."

By: Leo Shane III

Trump has downplayed his relationship with Cohen and claimed he is fabricating stories about their work together in order to negotiate a deal with federal prosecutors for a lesser sentence on a host of unrelated crimes.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 9, 2019 2:17 PM MDT
      October 8, 2019 9:05 PM MDT

irrelevant
      October 9, 2019 1:08 AM MDT

That works!  
      October 8, 2019 7:16 PM MDT

If a drunk person parked in the handicapped area because being drunk is a disability would that be a valid or invalid invalid?
      October 8, 2019 8:02 PM MDT

That would be a DUI.  
      October 8, 2019 9:04 PM MDT

I would just go with pathetic. 
      October 8, 2019 8:32 PM MDT

Add paranoid, pr(ck and paunchy and you got our orange leader.
      October 8, 2019 9:03 PM MDT

If that invalid invalid then decides to rob a bank, does that make him a crooked crook?  
      October 8, 2019 9:02 PM MDT

Yep.

On second thoughts, no.

Disease or injury can cause a person to become weak or disabled and hence an invalid. 
    But many disabled people were not injured and did not suffer a disease. Their condition could be genetic.
    Many are physically healthy and strong - paralympic athletes for instance.
    And physically disabled people can have extraordinary mental, emotional, ethical and creative skills - not necessarily weak at all.

One could say there are two sets of people, the disabled and the invalid.
    Sometimes the two states of being do overlap, and of those that do, sometimes the overlap is causally linked.
    But one is not the same as the other. One state does not necessarily cause the other.  This post was edited by inky at October 12, 2019 8:34 AM MDT
      October 12, 2019 3:55 AM MDT