Active Now

Randy D
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » On what continent do the most DEADLY diseases originate? Why? Lack of cleanliness? Other?

On what continent do the most DEADLY diseases originate? Why? Lack of cleanliness? Other?

Posted - October 9, 2019

Responses

Asia, usually due to crowding. Masses of people in close proximity to one another facilitate transmission of disease.
    Africa is next and that is mostly due to lack of clean water. Tropical conditions also aren't helpful in both places and neither is a serious lack of medical practitioners.
      October 9, 2019 6:56 AM MDT

Is there lack of land R or is it just that the masses are all in one place? China seems to be ahead of a lot of curves scientifically. You'd think they'd be on top of it and figure out a solution. Or is China not the problem so much as other Asian countries? As for Africa do they not have scientists there who can find ways to provide clean water? I've never been to either place so my questions are not based on knowledge but complete ignorance. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      October 9, 2019 7:02 AM MDT

China used to be one of the worst - the bubonic plagues that hit Europe in the middle ages originated in China. The situation there has improved, but in places like Cambodia and India, it's a case of too many people and not enough money. Africa has that problem in spades - there just aren't the funds to provide the facilities, and warfare/piracy is also rife so the necessary work can't be carried out safely.
      October 10, 2019 12:14 AM MDT

I did not know that R. I thought everything disease-based originated on the dark continent of Africa. Isn't that where AIDS began in a monkey? Thank you for your thoughtful and informative reply m'dear! :)
      October 10, 2019 4:13 AM MDT

America because we have the most deadly disease EVER sitting in the Oval office.  

It is killing everything it touches.   

Donald Trump makes a face This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 10, 2019 4:14 AM MDT
      October 10, 2019 1:20 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday.
      October 10, 2019 4:14 AM MDT