Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » It's essential to know on whom you can count. Also on whom you can't. Do YOU? Ever been sadly disappointed to discover who betrayed you?

It's essential to know on whom you can count. Also on whom you can't. Do YOU? Ever been sadly disappointed to discover who betrayed you?

Posted - October 10, 2019

Responses

I know every person alive is subject to whim.   That's not how i choose to navigate.  I have to be sure that I am not ashamed of me.  I don't need to worry if I am doing what I feel is my best and if I do it for the right reasons, I don't have to ask anyone if they approve.  
      October 10, 2019 9:47 AM MDT

Yes, I do know who I can and cannot count on. Have I ever been sadly disappointed to discover who betrayed me? No. To be frank, I can't recall ever being betrayed by anyone. Could I ever have been betrayed and didn't know it? Sure but it doesn't matter now. If I was betrayed and it was meant to harm me in some way, they failed. :)
      October 10, 2019 10:44 AM MDT

Oh you have totally been betrayed, trust me.

uploads.disquscdn.com

Your Pinterest Likes

Save

uploads.disquscdn.com

Photos
    Comments
    Tried this Pin?
    Add a photo to show how it went

October 10, 2019 12:30 PM MDT

My answer was non-political in nature because of the question being non-political in nature. My answer was given from what happened in my own personal life. However, and as usual, you turned it into something political when it shouldn't have been.
      October 10, 2019 2:40 PM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful reply ru. I have been sorely let down a couple of times although perhaps my definition of betrayed and yours might not be exactly the same. Someone whom you thought you could trust completely you discovered you couldn't. That's a hard thing to face and  I don't really understand it. Happy Friday! :)
      October 11, 2019 2:14 AM MDT

I have told some things to someone I thought I could trust to keep them in confidence and then discovered that this person blabbed.  It was someone with whom I worked, so I didn't make a big deal about it, but it taught me never to confide in people at work.  
      October 10, 2019 2:12 PM MDT

That happened to me too at work. I was crushed. I worked in a sales office and became very good friends with one of the salesmen. I loved him as a big brother and his wife and kids were super terrific. I never had a big brother and I always wished I had one. I thought for sure he was it. Anyway one day I was in my boss' office whom I did not trust at all with anything and he mentioned something to me that was very private that I had confided only to you know who. I never talked to him again as a friend. All future verbal interactions were short and cold and polite and distant. I told him why. I was in my early 20's and all these years later I'm still sad. SIGH. Which proves some "friendships" aren't. They're only fictional one-sided. I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply L and Happy Friday! :)
      October 11, 2019 2:20 AM MDT

I think at some point most of us experience some form of this kind of betrayal.  But, we live and learn from it.  I no longer socialize outside with the people at work and if it's something like a going away party or retirement party, I just keep conversation to anything that isn't personal.   Happy Friday. :)
      October 11, 2019 9:02 AM MDT

Smart lady. I was in my early 20's at the time L and had never experienced betrayal before. It hurt me so much. I didn't only lose him I lost his wife who was a darling woman and his kids who were so sweet. Well it was like losing family. But you live and learn and move on. SIGH. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      October 11, 2019 9:06 AM MDT

I understand. :)
      October 11, 2019 9:25 AM MDT

:):):)
      October 11, 2019 9:26 AM MDT