Active Now

Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Those who are least interested in discussing racism/bigotry/hate/homophobia are most in need of doing so. Why do they avoid the discussion by attacking those who bring it up?

Those who are least interested in discussing racism/bigotry/hate/homophobia are most in need of doing so. Why do they avoid the discussion by attacking those who bring it up?

Posted - September 12, 2016

Responses

I am INTENSELY interested in discussing racism, bigotry, hatred, homophobia, etc., and precisely BECAUSE I've had those labels pinned on me with no basis in fact whatsoever!

Would you like to discuss these issues, Rosie...or would you prefer to continue obsessing about Trump and stereotyping people about whom you have no clue whatsoever? :-)

September 12, 2016 1:49 PM MDT

•  And of course, you're in the best position to decide what's best for all of us out here that simply won't buy into the elitist tripe. There's no reason to back down or back away. There are too many people in this society that fall into name calling whenever they encounter the least amount of resistance. It happens when you are bereft of a sustainable argument. 

September 12, 2016 8:52 PM MDT

• Difference between bringing something up and being patronizing about it. I think those people you talk about are probably smart enough to know that difference.

September 12, 2016 10:03 PM MDT

September 13, 2016 12:55 AM MDT