Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Didja read "the letter" the trump sez he sent to Erdogan telling him not to be a tough guy? The trump is joking right?

Didja read "the letter" the trump sez he sent to Erdogan telling him not to be a tough guy? The trump is joking right?

He wuzn't real serious wuzzy? A big old spoof meant to trick folks into thinking the trump PROUDLY would send something like that using those words to the leader of any country? No way. Right? "Just joking". Right? Of coarse/course/coors he wuz.

Posted - October 17, 2019

Responses

I didn't know about it until an interview this morning, on NPR, with one of Erdogan's advisers.
    She said nobody in Turkey took the letter seriously, because of the lack of diplomatic language.
      October 17, 2019 7:31 AM MDT

Well we know trump is a dese dem and dose guy. Articulation and specificity of meaningful communication is not his strong suit. Allegedly he was so proud of that letter he had a bazillion photocopies made and handed them out to everyone. So I guess he really is that stupid dumb...dumb as they come. Thank you for your reply Walt. Did the person interviewed on NPR read the letter out loud? It is not very long. Written by someone who sounds as if he is a punchdrunk boxer. Sheesh. This post was edited by RosieG at October 18, 2019 1:42 AM MDT
      October 17, 2019 8:07 AM MDT

I believe the reporter read it ... I was listening while driving to work, and was being passed by a log truck at the time so it was difficult to hear.  lol
      October 17, 2019 8:23 AM MDT

When I see those trucks which I admit is super rare in southern California I always envision the logs rolling off and onto the freeway or roadway and then what do you do? Or when the truck is transporting lead pipes and such. So you live near forests then Walt? Jim had an uncle who worked for a logging company in northern California years ago. I'm torn about cutting down trees/building houses. Do they plant trees to replace the ones they kill? But I digress. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      October 18, 2019 1:48 AM MDT

Yep - most of western Washington and Oregon are forests.
    A lot of it is private land.  State laws require replanting within a certain amount of time from logging. 
    Some "tree farms" are fast-growing trees that are logged every few years, for paper products.
    Most public lands are slower-growing, for building.
      October 18, 2019 7:22 AM MDT

Our son David who passed away May 5 and his wife Yolanda used to live in Oregon Walt. We visited them once and the only thing I disliked was that my allergies kicked in. Otherwise my gosh it was BEAUTIFUL everywhere we went. We got there early and they weren't home from work yet so we found a Walmart very close by their home and spent awhile there. When we walked out to the parking lot it took my breath away! I had not realized that across the street was a FOREST! Not kidding. It brought tears of surprise to my eyes. How I did not notice it going in I have no idea. They lived in Springfield in the southern part of the state. Lots of rain and lots of green everywhere as a result. Thank you for your reply. So we're in the same time zone then and also close to North Korea Kim if he decides to nuclearize the west coast! Sheesh! :)
      October 18, 2019 7:30 AM MDT

The letter was fine. Straight and to the point. 
      October 17, 2019 7:45 AM MDT

"Don't be a tough guy"? Seriously? Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Friday to thee.
      October 18, 2019 1:49 AM MDT

“History will look upon you favorably if you get this done the right and humane way. It will look upon you forever as the devil if good things don’t happen. Don’t be a tough guy. Don’t be a fool!” Trump wrote, signing off incongruously, “I will call you later.”.  When the Turkish Government first read the letter they weren't sure if it was authentic or a joke but  quickly concluded that it was both then the Turkish President read it he tossed it in the trash bin. Cheers!
      October 17, 2019 11:21 AM MDT

Thank you for the verbatim quote m'dear. I can't even almost imagine my saying that to anyone for any reason. Especially not the president or king or emperor or despot dictator. It is so ludicrous absurd and irrational. Happy Friday Nanoose! :)
      October 18, 2019 1:51 AM MDT