Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever SHOW OFF? For whom doing what and why would you give a rat's a** in the first place?

Ever SHOW OFF? For whom doing what and why would you give a rat's a** in the first place?

Posted - October 18, 2019

Responses

... when I was young, hormonal, and smitten.  LOL

October 18, 2019 9:28 AM MDT

Not since then m'dear? Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      October 18, 2019 12:46 PM MDT

Not on purpose.
    Though one friend claims I "show off" my knowledge when discussing current events or history or trivia.
    But I'm not doing it to impress anyone - just to contribute to the discussion.  So I don't think that counts as "showing off".
      October 18, 2019 1:27 PM MDT

To date I have never ever once thought you were "showing off" Walt. Except for the Devil's Advocate usual position you take on OPINION things to which you have every right and it's not showing off but sometimes it can be annoying. But whenever you provide me with information/knowledge I didn't know I never feel you are talking down to me or being condescending. It's the opposite in fact. Sometimes you have to try to explain something to me in a different way so I can grasp it cuz I didn't get it the first time around. I appreciate that. You don't stiff me and respond just to take part without providing me with what I ask for which is being informed about things I didn't know OR explaining them to me when they do not make sense. So much doesn't make sense to me I will never run out of questions to ask. That "friend" who sez you "show off"? Not a true friend and sounds kinda jealous. I'm jes sayin'! Thank you for your reply Walt! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 19, 2019 7:24 AM MDT
      October 19, 2019 7:23 AM MDT

October 18, 2019 10:55 AM MDT

Everyone shows off for others.  It may wane a bit as we age, but we still do it.  

We dress to impress others (what's the purpose of swimsuits other than to show off our body?).  We buy fancy cars and big homes to impress others (we sure don't do it to impress ourselves).  We brag in an effort to impress (whether it's truthful or not).  Yet most of the time others don't care (do we really care when others do it?)
    Deep inside we want others to notice us.  isolation and loneliness are things no person truly desires.  We want to feel like we "belong".  It's human nature.  Oh, we may not do it purposely, but we do do it subconsciously

Yes, I'm guilty of showing off.  I can tell myself that don't care what others think of me all I want, but the truth is... I kind of do (to a degree).  
      October 18, 2019 1:16 PM MDT