Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Can one person love Monty Pyton, The Three Stooges, "Animal House" and "Dumb and Dumber"? Do you? Why?

Can one person love Monty Pyton, The Three Stooges, "Animal House" and "Dumb and Dumber"? Do you? Why?

Posted - October 25, 2019

Responses

I wouldn't say I "love" them ... but I appreciate a wide range of humor.

My dad would watch The Three Stooges, Abbott and Costello, and Jerry Lewis movies anytime they came on.
    I enjoyed them at the time, but now they seem ... I dunno.  "aged"?  "period"?  I don't enjoy most of them, as much as I used to.

Animal House was entertaining the first time I watched it.  So was Revenge of the Nerds.  
    But both quickly wore out their entertainment value, to me.

I've always enjoyed Monty Python.  Even after all these decades.  Must be the nerd/geek in me.  lol

I never enjoyed Dumb and Dumber, though.
      October 25, 2019 7:09 AM MDT

That's the thing Walt. Monty Python can be very subtle and wicked hilarious at the same time. That scene in the movie where the guy keeps fighting even after his arms and legs are gone I can't not remember. It is indelibly etched in my mind's eye and I laugh/giggle when I minds eye see it. ALL THESE DECADES LATER! What I remember of the 3 stooges is one of them hitting the other over the head with a bunch of CELERY! Did not see Animal House or Dumb & Dumber. The titles alone were enough for me to pass on it. I did enjoy Martin & Lewis early on. Never saw anything like it. But I preferred the gentle humor of Red Skelton far more which is probably before your time. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      October 25, 2019 8:36 AM MDT

October 25, 2019 8:51 AM MDT

I love humor and love to laugh but to be honest, I never cared for any on the list you gave. I always like Laurel & Hardy, Buster Keaton, Red Skelton, and a few others. :)
      October 25, 2019 9:45 AM MDT