Active Now

my2cents
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » What’s an example of you having made the right call?

What’s an example of you having made the right call?

Posted - October 28, 2019

Responses

When 15 years old, I followed my piano teacher's suggestion to learn "Prelude #6" by Robert Muczynski ( from his "Six Preludes, Op. 6").

That experience began my lifelong admiration and love for playing Muczynski's piano works. No other composer resonates so deeply within my being as I play.

EDIT: Dam* it the one video I want to post - this particular  guy's performance, which I really like -- and it won't post.
    I'll try to find another one - - if not, I'll post the link -- the link would be to the youtube video, I promise

EDIT #2: I take it back --  none of the videos I had time to look at did I particularly like; I didn't listen to any of the videos that included the entire Six Preludes performance, only the ones that featured the sixth prelude alone. (I've long since have played the entire set but this sixth prelude was my introduction to Muczynski.)
    Here is a video of just the sixth prelude -- just know that I play it better, ha! :) I'd like to play it for you sometime.
    It is marked to be played much faster than this, though this guy is still good.

got to go -- see you around
    :)
    Be Well

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at October 30, 2019 11:32 AM MDT
      October 29, 2019 6:58 AM MDT

Welby, you just sent me a note and I cannot answer you. My PM is not working.  I can't send anything back. So I love you and hope you are well.  We have to talk on here. We don't have any secrets anyway. LOL 
      October 29, 2019 1:43 PM MDT

Ha! Yes, that's the truth!
    Thanks for letting me know about the PM.
      October 29, 2019 6:58 PM MDT

That's scary music.  :)
      October 29, 2019 8:08 PM MDT

Yeah, isn't it funny that I've never heard it as scary? But others in my life agree with you -- some say it reminds them of Williams' theme to "Jaws."

I just find Muczynski so enjoyable all around.
     Thanks for listening!
      October 29, 2019 8:23 PM MDT

I'm still standing.
      October 29, 2019 8:08 PM MDT