Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Hear any reports of kids in your community being poisoned or injured from their Halloween candy this year?

Hear any reports of kids in your community being poisoned or injured from their Halloween candy this year?

I haven't heard of any so far and I hope it stays that way. Most kids in my community go to Halloween community events now a days because its safer for them. Cheers and happy weekend! 

Posted - November 1, 2019

Responses

I'm not friendly with the people here who have kids, so I don't know, but there haven't been any reports on TV about it.  What a horrible person to do something like poison a child's candy.
      November 1, 2019 12:13 PM MDT

Razor blades / poison in Halloween candy is an urban legend.
    The chances of being struck by lightning are far greater.
      November 1, 2019 2:10 PM MDT

Well, thank goodness for that! 
      November 1, 2019 2:27 PM MDT

I remember sometime in the 1970s, people were so scared of it the local hospital offered to X-Ray candy for free.
    Nothing was ever found.
      November 4, 2019 8:45 AM MST

Aww that's awful that people would do that.. they need a hard slap! It's horrible. 
      November 1, 2019 2:26 PM MDT

They need more then a hard slap - they need a punch in the head for breakfast, lunch and supper for a mouth or two while being told why they are being served it. Cheers and happy weekend! 
      November 1, 2019 4:09 PM MDT

Agreed!
      November 1, 2019 4:12 PM MDT

Never heard of it. I think it is an urban myth.
      November 1, 2019 3:33 PM MDT

My children or any children in my care would only be allowed to trick or treat at a friendly neighbor, whom I have known like family or my own friends or my own family.  I don't think people are out to get anyone. But it only takes one time for one accident and I would never forgive myself.  What if some kid in the house I was going to, thought it was funny to put something in the candy?  Who knows?  I am not trusting children with ANYBODY I don't know these days.  

November 4, 2019 8:47 AM MST

Never heard of it actually happening. We always made the kids waits a day or two. And of nothing hit the news it was good to go. 

I have a cousin who claimed to have found a razorblade in an apple when we were kids. But she has an extreme history of lying. I do not believe her. 
      November 4, 2019 1:31 PM MST