Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Can I get an "Hello" from my friends after not having peeked in here for over a year?

Can I get an "Hello" from my friends after not having peeked in here for over a year?

Basically I just want to wave at everyone and want you to know that I am o.k. My husband's very good state of health went down during Christmas time 2018 and in February 2019 he lost total kidney function because of a blood disorder he was diagnosed with in 2004. Next to getting hemodialysis 3 x per week for 4 hrs. each time he had several hospital stays and surgeries, including an heart valve replacement and a stroke followed. Afterwards he was in Stroke Rehab and then he received Physical Therapy in our trailer and he exercises walks now with a rollator/walker. I had to drive him to all appointments and events after not really having driven our long heavy truck for 10 years. I was suddenly a driver, a nurse, a dietitian and doing any heavy chore in our household myself. My hubby is 86 and I will be 84 this month. He had lost so much weight that he still looks like a skeleton with skin. But since September I have another nice small car, our old dually chevy with a crew cab and an 8' bed, which stalled almost at every light, is gone. Our trailer cannot be moved anymore by us - well - it cannot be anyway. We both would not be able to anymore. Our travel times are finally over. We reside in a nice RV Park in Central Florida. ....My nerves are relaxing now and I find time for socializing in the internet again. My little black appointment book looks light now on the inside, during the summer months I had to drive every day to all kind of doctors, labs and hospitals. My spirit must get used to the fact that my life with hubby went from 100% to 5% in a few minutes. I was a nurses aide and I know all the facts of ailments, but when it comes to own mate, the world looks just bleak. Sorry, friends, but I had to vent. You can try to make me laugh out loud again. I almost forgot how to do that. 

Posted - November 4, 2019

Responses

Hey Whitehair!! Great to see you!!
    My best to both you and your husband! You've both been through a lot for sure.
    again, my best to you both.
    :)

I'm going to share two very short videos that both make me smile, laugh and somehow feel good

The first one here is a cat watching a horror movie. I knew immediately the  first time I watched it - - the cat is watching the final last climatic moments of Alfred Hitchcock's "Psycho"- - love the movie and especially Bernard Herrmann's music for it, too -- anyway, I've read some about this clip - many people think the video is somehow "rigged," but I don't care -- that cat reacts to these movie moments just like I did the first time I saw the movie! Ha!

EDIT: I tried several of them -- they won't post onto the site here

here is a link to the video- - I promise it's a link to the youtube video ;it's well worth the 60 seconds-long video :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kgRFHaNo-Y

EDIT #2:

got it to post down in another answer down there! but I'l lleave this answer link, too, in case the video in the other answer disappears somehow -  that happens at time, too

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 4, 2019 5:24 PM MST
      November 4, 2019 10:02 AM MST

• Thank you for both videos, the link you sent worked promptly. The cat is very young and the horror is shown in her eyes and her head movements.... We always had cats and still have one, I know the body language of cats very well.
      November 4, 2019 10:15 AM MST

cool.

I'm glad you were able to watch it.
      November 4, 2019 10:17 AM MST

Hey, thanks for a Pick. Whitehair!
    I watched the videos again myself. I really like both of them.

(your husband is very handsome; saw him in a link you provided elsewhere; now I'm second-guessing myself about if it were your husband I saw in the picture; I assume it was you and your husband -- and what a nice-looking couple you both make - - you both come across as very nice, even in a simple picture)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 29, 2019 9:18 AM MST
      November 28, 2019 7:48 PM MST

• Thank you, my friend. To show you the both of us in our best years ( I was about 45 and my hubby 48 when we attended the Silver Anniversary of our neighbors in Germany.
      November 29, 2019 9:26 AM MST

Excellent!
      November 29, 2019 3:27 PM MST

And here is a video with a girl reacting to  another boy's sneezing -- I love her expressions, ha!

November 4, 2019 10:07 AM MST

November 4, 2019 10:11 AM MST

And here I am again!

here's a link to another Answermug question I asked about a picture (and no one at this point has acknowledged seeing it) -- but the picture has people at work smiling while they're working -- I love their expressions. Makes me smile.

Be Well,
    WelbyQ

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/85503/do-not-the-three-people-on-the-left-have-some-of-the-most-lovely
      November 4, 2019 10:19 AM MST

• Have been there and respondet. Nice post, WelbyQuentin!!!
      November 4, 2019 11:10 AM MST

You are the coolest.  I don't know if you know who this is, because I always change my name, but it is Sharonna mostly to people on here. I was on Answer Bag too as Towelie.  So, I do remember you and you were always fun to talk to.
      November 4, 2019 11:09 AM MST

• Oh, that is so nice, thank you. I know you as Sharonna. It feels nice to be connected again. I am in facebook 13 years now and have a circle of friends there I almost can call family, and I have met several of them through our traveling with the RV.  But somehow I feel at home here also, which is most likely the old answerbag and the new answermug combined. As long as I am able to work the internet, I will like connections like these. ♥
      November 4, 2019 11:17 AM MST

Great to see you. Sorry for your many tribulations, but your husband seems to be a survivor. Hope to see you more often now. I don't know if you were here when Rosie got her own corner, but that's where she hangs out.
      November 4, 2019 12:24 PM MST

• Thanks, good friend. I hope that I can stay here a while without major happenings at home. 
      November 4, 2019 12:37 PM MST

Indeed. I had surgery last April and couldn't climb steps for a while. I was jonesing to get back here.
      November 4, 2019 12:40 PM MST

• Good you are back too. Best wishes for staying well.
      November 4, 2019 12:54 PM MST

Nothing like your husband and you went through.
      November 4, 2019 1:23 PM MST

• Somehow one manages all the tasks when it is really necessary and there is no other way. You grow on your challenges. I limp with my left knie, but there is no way I can get to the doctor because of it. When I cannot do things for a while, my husband will land in a nursing home, which is not an option as long as I am able to limp.  "When we married 62 years ago. it was:   for better or for worse.....
      November 4, 2019 2:02 PM MST

I have a sister who lives down there and she is in poor health. The closest hospital is Tallahassee...about 1-1/2 drive.
      November 4, 2019 2:11 PM MST

• For the heart valve replacement surgery of hubby I had to drive to Tampa the first time with our "monster truck", all the way down to infamous Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Kudos to the GPS system! We live in Zephyrhills, which is basically 20 miles distance to Tampa. We are concidered Tampa Metropolitan area.
      November 4, 2019 2:22 PM MST

Welcome back to the funny farm!
      November 4, 2019 1:57 PM MST

• I like it here. Thank you very much. You all help me get my feisty spirit back. The "naughtiness" will take longer.
      November 4, 2019 2:05 PM MST

Welcome back - it's good to see you.  So sorry for your troubles.  As Katherine Hepburn once said, "Growing old is not for the faint of heart."  I hope the two of you are doing better soon.  
      November 4, 2019 2:36 PM MST

• Big Thank You from one spunky Senior to another....
      November 4, 2019 3:47 PM MST