Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Beauty » For those of you with visible scars, do they bother you? Physical only please.

For those of you with visible scars, do they bother you? Physical only please.

Posted - November 4, 2019

Responses

I'm flawless
      November 4, 2019 2:46 PM MST

You show me yours, I'll show you mine.
      November 4, 2019 2:51 PM MST

Doctor Who GIF
      November 5, 2019 5:55 PM MST

• Somehow I managed to go my whole early life and into very young adulthood without even so much as a cavity until one fateful day when my number was finally up. 

My friend and I were riding recklessly in a go-cart one night gleefully doing repetitious donuts at high speed without a care in this world or a lick of good sense.  Suddenly without warning, as is the case with most un-welcomed happenings, the vehicle flipped on its side and the roll bar which ran up and over the top of this "buggy of doom" landed on my outstretched arm and crushed it. 

My upper left arm was broken in three places requiring surgery and the implanting of a metal rod.  I was sewn back together with a long row of staples at the incision site.  It had a rather Frankenstein look about it.  I had to endure physical therapy and it took some time to get feeling back due to nerve damage.  So, to get to the point of answering your question, I was left with a long scar down the back of my arm. 

Truth be told the scar healed very nicely but just knowing it was there caused much consternation to my vanity at times.  I was in fear of it impacting my work and to some degree it did temporarily.  Working as a model, a stripper, and an adult performer in film I wasn't sure how to incorporate my new physical blemish into my career within an industry based solely on a person's outer packaging with very little regard for the contents of one's heart and soul. 

Things worked out though and life continued on and now I rarely think about it.  I guess it takes more than a topsy-turvy go-cart to destroy true beauty, LOL!  All silliness aside.  I was then, and am now, very thankful neither of us was hurt worse than we were.  That's far more important than a silly scar and besides it kinda made me look just a little more "Butch".
      November 4, 2019 3:44 PM MST

In other words, you were a fun-loving guy doing what guys do. You and your companion were indeed both very lucky to have escaped with the injuries that could have been far worse than that. Sometimes we need those reminders of our mortality to keep us grounded in reality and to move us forward, from youthful flights of carefree indiscretions and abandonment.

The day a child falls off his bike while taking "jumps" and discovers gravity is an under-rated important life lesson... 
      November 4, 2019 7:01 PM MST

• True...and I always did have to learn lessons the hard way.
      November 5, 2019 3:26 AM MST

No.  Most have faded over the years (acid burns, crushed fingers, etc.).  The only scar that bothers me now is the one from a knife wound.  It caused some nerve damage which makes it feel "funny" at times.
      November 4, 2019 3:54 PM MST

Self-inflicted harm takes my mind off my pathetic life, but at least I haven't done it in awhile.
      November 4, 2019 4:04 PM MST

• Don't be doin' that sh!t, dude. 

Next time things get rough do what I do...take it out on everybody else instead.  LOL!
      November 4, 2019 4:14 PM MST

Dude...you have so much love here.
      November 4, 2019 6:44 PM MST

No.  You get used to how someone looks and you don't notice things like you did at first.  My best friends (the guy) was in a fire as a child and half of his face is scarred.  I don't even notice it now unless someone mentions it.  
      November 4, 2019 10:23 PM MST

The big one is only visible if I care to show it, which generally I don't. Along my beltline, from halfway between navel and pubis across to my right hip - they did my back operation from the front, disturbs less muscle tissue that way.
    I have smaller scars on my knee and knuckle, and my nose is slightly misshapen from having been broken three times (I played a lot of rough sports as a kid). None of them bother me.
      November 5, 2019 3:21 AM MST

I have had a scar just below my knee that runs halfway around my leg since I was a toddler. It has never bothered me in the least. My more recent scar from shoulder replacement surgery is usually hidden and doesn't bother me when it does show.  I will admit that both scars are flat and straight and if I had some that were done with staples and had lumps of scar tissue, I might be more self-conscious about them.
      November 5, 2019 4:09 AM MST

I have one of those shoulder scars, too. Very cool. This post was edited by Element 99 at November 12, 2019 7:02 AM MST
      November 5, 2019 7:19 AM MST

I have scars all over my neck. People occasionally ask about them. I tell them that the guy who did it is now dead. (my surgeon died many years ago.
      November 5, 2019 8:01 AM MST

I have two scars from a long ago car wreck. My eyebrow it has less hair on it than the other. And surgical scar in the creases of my neck.  It blends in I have to feel it to show someone when talking or I will to talking about the wrong side. 

A cesarean scar that goes up and down rather than sideways because it was an emergency situation. 

These do not bother me. 

My index finger was crushed on the side. And it moved the tip of my finger (the flesh and nail not the bone) over to the right side of my finger. If you look at my finger nail it is not centered. It is off to the right side.  It grows weird now.  It grows curving down over my finger and slanted to the right.  The only reason this bothers me (a little) is because it looks strange if the nail grows out and I paint them so I have to keep them short.  But again it does not bother me that much just annoying. I am probably the only one who notices....
      November 5, 2019 1:15 PM MST

I have a lot of reading to do here.  For now, I don't have any disfiguring scars, so I like the ones I have.  They're better than tatoos because I got most of them doing something exhilarating.
      November 5, 2019 6:00 PM MST

Not really, they are what they are. 

When I take my shirt off most are visible - NBD.  On my back one knife would and remnants of Shrapnel woulds.  On my front a long vertical scar where much ado about locating a bullet was performed.  The bullet would on my right right is visible no one comments.  Shrapnel scars on my left hand and arm same.

If I am not bothered others aren't either
      November 6, 2019 4:03 PM MST

nope. im lucky enough that i barely scar, and the ones that are noticeable are very light white lines from when i used to self harm. i also have a single big one on the inside of my left ankle from cutting myself with a box cutter (also on purpose). i have a scar on my right eye brow from smacking myself in the face with a christmas bell when i was a child. but no, they dont really bother me since im like a 4 out of 10 on a good day
      November 9, 2019 7:56 PM MST