Active Now

Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » When you have a pet pass-away, Do you cremate, bury, eat, or do something different with their remains?

When you have a pet pass-away, Do you cremate, bury, eat, or do something different with their remains?

In Japan, when an Akita Inu passed away, it was not uncommon for Akita owners to keep their loving, loyal pet's pelt as a sign of honour.

I have French Bulldogs and am thinking of something different...

Posted - November 5, 2019

Responses

I appreciate your comment. 
    Fortunately, I had horses and never had one die. I know up here when it happens here, people did a pit with a backhoe, then shoot exterminate the horse so it drops into the hole, or they push the horse carcass into the pit.  
    Large animals when they die can be an extremely unpleasant ordeal to cope with   This post was edited by Jon at November 7, 2019 11:08 AM MST
      November 7, 2019 11:06 AM MST

Agreed, raising cattle and horses is fun.  That said when one dies on the ranch you have to do something.  Generally a tractor a logging Chain and a backhoe are required.  Outhouse lime to help the decomposition is also required
      November 8, 2019 12:27 PM MST