Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » I think that one of the worst things about medical care in the US is its ridiculously high cost. How could that be improved? ~

I think that one of the worst things about medical care in the US is its ridiculously high cost. How could that be improved? ~

Posted - November 12, 2019

Responses

I'm not sure Randy wanted Copypasta, That's lazy commenting. 

But if that's your thing, here:

https://www.sanders.senate.gov/download/options-to-finance-medicare-for-all?inline=file

I agree with Bernie Sanders 100%
    This post was edited by Jon at November 13, 2019 6:05 AM MST
      November 12, 2019 12:36 PM MST

He can follow the link. It is quite interesting. My answer was not copy paste. My reply to others claiming it could done with out raising taxes or without raising taxes on other than "the rich" was copy/paste with a link. To show it is not the case. This post was edited by my2cents at November 12, 2019 12:58 PM MST
      November 12, 2019 12:40 PM MST

You pasted the exact same thing to Kittigate. Copypasta is not the correct word. Sorry. I believe it is now spamming.

November 12, 2019 12:42 PM MST

I was talking Kittigate. 
    Now I am talking to you. 

If you believe I am spamming feel free to report it. You know the drill. Report button goes direct to JA. And I am not above the rules here. This post was edited by my2cents at November 12, 2019 12:53 PM MST
      November 12, 2019 12:53 PM MST

I can read your response to Kittigate. It's basic partisan stuff.
    No need to repost and I have no need to report anything
    I'm not a snowflake, but tbh, what you did is the definition of spam. lol

November 12, 2019 1:18 PM MST

Not partisan at all. It is strictly numbers. So you may want to re-read one of those copypastas.
      November 12, 2019 1:24 PM MST

Sorry... My spam filter is on

But you may want to read what I posted (for what it's worth)
    Bernie clearly states how we will pay for national healthcare. Please stop pedaling those rightwing falsehoods  This post was edited by Jon at November 12, 2019 6:45 PM MST
      November 12, 2019 4:30 PM MST

Why will you not just admit that Bernie is gonna raise everyone's taxes? 
    Even a family of 4 will see an increase once they make a measly $29000. That is just barely over the Federal poverty line. Notice it is listed first (I do not know if they are listed by priority or not) 
    So as I said when the gov claims they are only going to  taxing "the rich"....many people are surprised when they are considered among those "rich.."
    Thanks for the link. 

November 12, 2019 5:24 PM MST

I never click on links, that’s my personal choice.

~
      November 13, 2019 6:06 AM MST

No problem. As I posted the conclusion of the numbers. 
    We would save $600B from inplementation of single payer. But we need a total of $1,162B leaving a short fall of $562B.  
    If people want they just need to know the facts and that the money will come for somewhere. (Taxes)
      November 13, 2019 6:13 AM MST

In the UK all health costs are free it is called the NATIONAL HEALTH SERVICE which was set up in 1948 all health aspects are free for all UK Citizens.
      November 12, 2019 12:57 PM MST

This is too complicated a problem for any one blanket solution.

A good start would be to ask better questions. 
    Instead of resigning to how we are going to pay for it, maybe we should be uncovering why we have to pay so much. Who gets to decide what to charge?  

Why can a poor country like Cuba provide free healthcare while the world’s richest country cannot?

Is it more worthwhile to spend increasing billions of citizen tax dollars on the healthcare of taxpaying citizens in-country, or on the military destruction of brown people on the other side of the earth, who pay no taxes? Priorities? 

Why do prescription prices differ so widely from country to country? 

Why are the costs of identical healthcare services allowed to vary so widely from one hospital to another, and from doctor to doctor? 

Why aren’t medical procedure prices publicly advertised? 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at November 13, 2019 6:06 AM MST
      November 12, 2019 4:25 PM MST