Active Now

Randy D
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Sports » Speaking of Football, what kind of psycho is Colin Kaepernick? What is he trying to accomplish? Or is he really a Civil Rights hero?

Speaking of Football, what kind of psycho is Colin Kaepernick? What is he trying to accomplish? Or is he really a Civil Rights hero?

Posted - November 18, 2019

Responses

I fail to see the heroism. Victimhood, poor me, fake martyr, voluntary scapegoat, sure. Hero?  Nope. 
    ~
      November 18, 2019 11:53 AM MST

I'm excited, because I do not know the story yet. You have peeked my interest now, and I am learning it piecemeal from you.  I can tell already a few things. In the end, we will not agree, in the end I will take Colin's  side, only because of why the NFL threw him out of the NFL and only because, while being a weirdo and ludicrous character, the NFL is horrible and seems to be run ULTRA RIGHT WING and ULTRA racist.  Colin was protesting, by kneeling, the cruelty of the police in certain newsworthy incidents; when he was ousted for causing political scenes/ during games.  

Now, there are tons of teams that need a good quarterback.  But, here's the thing. I don't know football at all, but I remember hearing that Colin wasn't a good QB. Do you know if this is true. Was he any good? This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 18, 2019 12:25 PM MST
      November 18, 2019 11:58 AM MST

(Why are you so dead-set for you and I to be at odds against each other?)

His own actions this past weekend may give insight into his thought processes or his plans for his future, but they are actions that are extremely difficult to decipher. If he truly wanted the best opportunity for a return to NFL quarterbacking, especially as first string, then being seen by the highest number of scheduled evaluators seems to be the way to do it. Instead (and this is only if it’s been reported accurately), at the last minute, he changed the location and had his own training staff and camera crews attend. Some, not all of the evaluators made it to the new location, a high school miles away from the intended locale. The number of evaluators was far less than those originally gathered at the pre-planned site.
      As for his playing abilities, I am not fully qualified to opine, because I don’t follow stats the way many of the more avid fans do. I can, however, state that it’s been three years since he last played professionally, and depending on what he’s done in those three years, he may or may not be at the top of his personal best. If that’s personal best isn’t good enough to get him back on an active roster, then all of his political postering posturing is secondary to the question of whether or not any team should sign him up. 
    ~ This post was edited by Randy D at November 18, 2019 12:35 PM MST
      November 18, 2019 12:17 PM MST

postering posturing
      November 18, 2019 12:27 PM MST

peeked piqued
      November 18, 2019 12:25 PM MST

He actually was a very good QB.
      November 18, 2019 12:28 PM MST

Which makes his switcheroo even more bizarre and more suspect than before. 
    ~
      November 18, 2019 12:36 PM MST

"piqued" your interest.

EDIT:  I didn't see Stu's correction before I posted mine. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at November 19, 2019 8:36 PM MST
      November 19, 2019 2:00 PM MST

• If I felt as much suspicion and harbored as much resentment towards a former employer as he does you wouldn't see me actively trying to get that very same employer to rehire me. I do think the NFL did him wrong and I never had a problem with him voicing his opinions, but I find him these days trying desperately to remain relevant. 
      November 20, 2019 6:15 AM MST

Well put. 
    ~
      November 20, 2019 6:32 AM MST