Posted - November 19, 2019

Responses

Have you been in a coma?

November 19, 2019 8:49 AM MST

The national debt.
      November 19, 2019 1:56 PM MST

The mirror I am looking at.
      November 19, 2019 3:19 PM MST

My poor cat.  He is always constipated. He refuses to drink water so I leave milk out but he walks by that 5 days out of 7. I give him something for it but it is getting worse as time goes on.  I put hair ball gel on his paws every other day.  I'm getting worried.  His breath is awful.  I had him x-rayed and there isn't an obstruction, he just won't drink water.  He is such a picky eater and won't touch any food except a certain brand of pate.  I add a little water and don't allow him to have dry food.  I'm really starting to get worried.  The Vet doesn't have suggestions beyond a cat food he won't eat. Any suggestions? He is such a sweet boy. 
      November 19, 2019 5:47 PM MST

I wish I could suggest something, my dear friend, but I know absolutely nothing about cats nor about finicky eating habits. I hope he pulls through.

~
      November 19, 2019 8:05 PM MST

Thank you.  
      November 20, 2019 7:30 AM MST

I hope he gets better

Here are several ways to decrease the risk of constipation in cats:

• Feeding your cat canned food is an easy way to increase water intake. Dry food may contain about 10-20% water, whereas canned food may have 80%
    • Make sure there are multiple litter boxes if you have several cats
    • Clean each litter box at least once daily
    • Different cats prefer different types of litter. Make sure your cat seems happy with the litter you choose
    • Discuss a daily laxative with your veterinarian
    • Increase exercise and playful activities
    https://www.pethealthnetwork.com/cat-health/cat-diseases-conditions-a-z/constipation-cats-its-never-normal
      November 20, 2019 4:20 AM MST

Thank you
      November 20, 2019 7:29 AM MST