Active Now

Element 99
CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Why would anyone ask a military hero why he wore his uniform and medals to a Congressional Hearing? Would you?

Why would anyone ask a military hero why he wore his uniform and medals to a Congressional Hearing? Would you?

Posted - November 20, 2019

Responses

Because the INCOMPETENCY of the GOP knows no bounds.  They have idiots asking questions because THEY HAVE NO ONE ELSE TO DO THE ASKING.  To ask a Lieutenant General such a STUPID QUESTION when his very integrity is being questioned is ASKING FOR THE QUESTIONER to have his ASS handded back to him on a platter.  

THAT IS HOW STUPID THEY ARE.  Why couldn't he see it coming? THE ANSWER I MEAN.  What a total idiot.
      November 20, 2019 7:16 AM MST

Right now Sondland is testifying Sharon and already threw rudyg and dementia don under the bus. He ain't sacrificing himself for anyone! This is seriously awesome. If you can listen do. This canary is singing beautiful music. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday. Oh Rachel is one of 4 moderators for tonight's dem debate in case you hadn't heard. All gal panel. Starts at 6pm pacific time. This post was edited by RosieG at November 20, 2019 7:49 AM MST
      November 20, 2019 7:48 AM MST

I will catch it believe me.  I cannot wait to hear Gordie sing his lying pants off.  It is about time, since they are on fire from last time.  He sure is looking like a coward changing his tune.  He knows he is going to get nailed, so he covers his bald hiney.    He just remembered, when everyone else testified, what they said.   What a lying coward.   

He just remembered that his time in the sun is over.  And his practice of buying whatever he thinks he wants is buying him a place in history reserved for the petty pretenders who don't do a thing but clog up the works.   Now he is buying a get out of jail free card.   And it's time to cover his overqualified ego and underqualified rear end.  

Very Happy Wednesday, Rosie. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 21, 2019 4:23 AM MST
      November 20, 2019 11:28 AM MST

Sondlands testimony may be the most LETHAL so far. He threw everyone under the bus Sharon. Why would assume he will lie UNDER OATH on his third try at it? He was very specific very articulate very detailed. He said everything that occurred was UNDER THE DIRECTION OF THE PRESIDENT and that everyone was aware and knew what was going on. I don't why you thought he'd do otherwise. He didn't stupid. Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 21, 2019 4:25 AM MST

As a employee of the State Department....they are not supposed to wear their military uniform. So they were asking why he was not following the rules of the State Department, again. It shows a history of not following rules. This post was edited by my2cents at November 20, 2019 9:24 AM MST
      November 20, 2019 7:19 AM MST

"A soldier performing duties in an official capacity will normally be in uniform," Col. Kathy Turner, an Army spokeswoman, said in a written statement. "In cases where a soldier is detailed to an agency outside of DOD, the individual would follow the policies of that agency."

Like other U.S. military officers detailed to the National Security Council, Vindman normally wears civilian clothes in keeping with the council's dress requirements.

But in formally appearing before Congress, Vindman is required to wear his Army uniform, as he did at Tuesday’s hearing at the U.S. Capitol and at his initial, closed-door deposition three weeks ago.

November 20, 2019 9:21 AM MST

Fair enough.  Evidently there is some confusion as to the rules.  Thank you.
      November 20, 2019 9:31 AM MST

I wasn't confused about the rules.
      November 21, 2019 1:14 AM MST

:):):)
      November 20, 2019 10:33 AM MST

Don't be ridiculous. He was defamed by the GOP.  That is really not following ANY rules. HOW PATHETIC and HIDEOUS.  He knows what RULES are, Jim Jordan and Matt Goetz cannot even read much less follow anything.  Including barging into places they are not allowed and whining about their inability to gain access.

Those bozos couldn't follow a rule if their life depended on it.  I think Vindman knows a few things about rules.  I think he has been following rules that BONESPUR never honored. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 20, 2019 11:37 AM MST
      November 20, 2019 11:34 AM MST

He should know it is against rules (laws) to discuss a phone call between to world leaders with others as well.
      November 20, 2019 4:01 PM MST

Wrong. Where do you bad information like that? Talking points put out by Sean Hannity? Seriously? Where?
      November 21, 2019 4:25 AM MST

I do not need Hanitty to give me taking points. I rarely watch Hanitty. Prime time there are normally better things on.
      November 21, 2019 6:03 AM MST

They ask because they are ignorant of military regulations.  Then again, they are ignorant about a lot of things and just plain stupid about the rest.
      November 20, 2019 9:23 AM MST

Wonderful.  Perfect.
      November 20, 2019 11:37 AM MST

November 21, 2019 1:19 AM MST

• It's a perfectly legitimate question. Unfortunately, there are too many who are literally and figuratively "wrapped" up in the uniform. If the occasion warrants it, nobody cares a bit about it. With a lot of guys it's just a matter of "showboating", as if the wearing of the regalia of rank made them the last word on foreign and domestic policy. I know something about it as I wore the uniform myself before I opted for life in the real world.
      November 20, 2019 3:06 PM MST

Do you have something against those who have served our country in the military?
      November 21, 2019 1:22 AM MST

In Lt. Col. Vinman served for two decades in the Army, has been to war zones, and is now a higher up in the State Department.  I would think that his years f service combined with his experience give him the absolute right to wear that uniform to testify before Congress.  He doesn't strike me as a "showboater."  
      November 21, 2019 7:07 AM MST