Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Education » I am in a seminar for the next 5 hours. I have a notepad. Any ideas for a short story?

I am in a seminar for the next 5 hours. I have a notepad. Any ideas for a short story?

Posted - November 21, 2019

Responses

You on the high prairies trying to drive through a blinding blizzard when Rudolph comes along with his bright red nose and guides you through to the next city.
      November 21, 2019 11:12 AM MST

• I find myself doubting Rudolph’s abilities. So I kill him and grill him to provide me sustenance.  
      November 21, 2019 11:20 AM MST

Aww.. well maybe you could use his nose for a hood ornament anyway. 
      November 21, 2019 11:31 AM MST

How about a short autobiography?
      November 21, 2019 11:35 AM MST

• Ehhh the seminar topic might be more interesting. 
      November 21, 2019 12:48 PM MST

Of course not! Every life has its own charm!!
      November 22, 2019 11:04 AM MST

Oh God, yeah.  If you can write?  What a nice gift for those "seminar" times when your brain wants to do something else. I used to draw if I could get away with it, because I could still listen.  I couldn't do that if I were writing something.  

Short Story:

focus on someone in the seminar at random and make up an entire story about them and what they are like.  

Pretend that you are in the seminar and go all Stephen King on the story and make it a horror story.  I'll leave the niceties to you, but you could find someone who overdosed in the bathroom or you could have peoples faces melting here and there exposing their zombie side.  

???

I don't know. I don't write short stories. I am a sales person and I like to grab people's attention.  That is my schtick.  Salesperson massage therapist and totally annoying.  To boot.
      November 21, 2019 12:01 PM MST

• I had to sit through one last week and I made several attempts at a few drawings...stick figure representations. I might be able to flesh things out a bit better in word form.  I just need to find someone from the Northeast and I can make your Stephen King suggestion a reality. 
      November 21, 2019 12:53 PM MST

Imagine this. You have the perfect seat at the ballet.  You are seat B22. It is the absolute center of the theatre with the perfect view of the stage.  You are the envy of every person. Knowing this, you arrive early to mingle.

In your chiffon dress, you move effortlessly through the theater, poised, while sipping on champagne. You flirtatiously look around your surroundings, making sure not to catch any one eye.  
    The soft chimes say the time is near.  The ballet is going to begin in 15 minutes.  You....
      November 21, 2019 2:32 PM MST

• I leap gracefully across the rows in an attempt to get back to my seat. Champagne splashes everywhere as gasps are heard from the crowd. 
      November 21, 2019 2:56 PM MST

• The story of how a Canadian princess gangsta slaughtered this one guy with a spatula and some nail polish. With lots of gory details, please. 

November 21, 2019 4:33 PM MST

• Was hoping to go with something fictional here. 
      November 21, 2019 7:43 PM MST

• Lol, hi ;)
      November 21, 2019 7:49 PM MST

•   November 21, 2019 7:54 PM MST

•   November 21, 2019 7:55 PM MST

Hi Senorita ~ You are making me giggle over here, too.  For that, you can have as much soup as you would like!!

November 21, 2019 8:39 PM MST

I am cracking up!!!
    Great comeback!!
    :) :)!!
      November 21, 2019 8:37 PM MST