Active Now

Gino LOLobrigida
CosmicWunderkind
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Please list Five ( 5) ways Trump has negatively or positively affected your day to day life? Seriously.

Please list Five ( 5) ways Trump has negatively or positively affected your day to day life? Seriously.

Posted - November 23, 2019

Responses

I answered.
      November 25, 2019 2:56 PM MST

It's impossible to come up with five things because he really hasn't affected my day-to-day life in any way because he hasn't really signed a whole lot of bills.  I can only come up with a couple of maybes.  Congress affects people's day-to-day lives way more than a President does.  

I can only think of the two executive orders, 13765 and 13818 that were about the Affordable Care Act which could have helped but they were either too little or too late to make a real difference.  The problem with the Affordable Care Act is that either my husband or I had to have a full-time job just for the sake of having employer-provided insurance.  I had a part-time job so my husband had to find a full-time job just for the insurance then we traded places.  He left his job to be self-employed and I took a full-time job just for the insurance.  If one of us didn't take a full-time job for the insurance then the choices would be to pay for an insurance plan and not have enough money for other things or pay the tax penalty.

They're too little too late because the tax penalty didn't end until this year so that's why it's too late.  It was too little because I'm not working right now and my husband is currently self-employed so right now he's paying a lot for insurance and this isn't something an executive order can fix anyway.  The USA Congress is inept and is pretty much one of the dumbest governments in the industrialized world because just about every other industrialized country figured this out even though some countries do a better job than others.   

The only other thing that's a possible benefit to me was he passed the 2018 United States Farm Bill which made growing hemp legal and since I have a farm that's a good thing.  It hasn't benefitted me yet because my state's governor won't get her head out of her butt over industrial hemp so she's vetoed all of the bills to make it legal inside of the state and she promised to keep vetoing those bills and we're stuck with her for at least another three years.  I'll have to change parties so I can vote in the next Republican governor's primary.

In my own house my husband and I discuss politics sometimes but Donald Trump just doesn't come up a whole lot.  I think it's been about a month or so since he's come up in conversation but it's usually about state and local politics which affects our day-to-day lives more. 

November 24, 2019 6:20 PM MST

Daily:

1. Lowered my taxes
    2. More jobs and higher wagers= more sales in my business
    3. Avoiding wars. (I have 18 and 19 year old sons)
    4. Gives something for my family to agree on in politics....first time ever. 
    5. Gives Rosie/Sharonna/etc and I something to argue about. 

If you had a politician like Trump, he would be arguing for your coach about people should be buying the poppy.

November 25, 2019 2:59 PM MST

I'm  just going to let you enjoy your answer.  

It is INSANE, but at least you mentioned me.  
      November 25, 2019 3:23 PM MST

:)
      November 25, 2019 3:27 PM MST

November 25, 2019 3:28 PM MST

• Don't leave out how refreshing it is to have someone on our side for a change. 
      November 25, 2019 4:45 PM MST

Yes Definately. 
      November 25, 2019 5:00 PM MST

I answered this  in detail and it is not on here.  ???

November 25, 2019 3:31 PM MST

Check your 2nd message from me.
      November 26, 2019 4:20 AM MST