Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » This is something I am unable to reconcile. Can you?

This is something I am unable to reconcile. Can you?

GOD gave us the minds/brains we have with a thirst to learn gain knowledge investigate research QUESTION. Then when we do we have committed a sin? What sense does that make? If knowledge is not a good thing why create homo saps who are constantly seeking it? Like setting a trap..a booby trap.

That would be purposely cruel. Why not make everyone incurious? That way we could all remain ignorant and innocent. Was the Tree of Knowledge a trap to see if we could murder our curiosity with our own hands? No matter how I play this in my head it makes no sense at all.

Posted - November 30, 2019

Responses

Having/seeking knowledge is not a sin. As with everything, it matters how you get and how you use it. 
      November 30, 2019 5:06 AM MST

Using tenets of unreason to attempt reasoning is an exercise in contradiction.
    Dismiss God from the equation, then evaluate the variables again. This post was edited by Don Barzini at November 30, 2019 10:28 AM MST
      November 30, 2019 8:17 AM MST

Oh c'mon DB. The QUESTION is stupid dumb and ridikkalus if you take GOD out. You know that. Why on earth would you suggest that? Thank you for your reply.
      November 30, 2019 10:29 AM MST

How many TIMES ARE WE GOING TO FALL FOR THESE QUESTOINS THAT ARE ONLY DESIGNED TO GET A TON OF ARGUMENTATIVE ANSWERS THAT DO NOT PROVE ONE THING? 

Some one who gets a lot of attention on here, apparently wants to BRING IT UP AGAIN.  SHEESH.  
      November 30, 2019 10:34 AM MST

Why would I suggest it? Seriously?

Once again, and for the final time, if only to expose the logical fallacies under which you typically operate: You began as always, by asserting an unproven (and unprovable) presumption, then framed your question(s) under pretense of certainty of that presumption being in concordance with actual reality.
    A Priori arguments.
    Straw Man fallacies.
    Arguments from Credulity. 

The goal —consciously or otherwise—seems mostly to elicit affirmation of the initial, spurious presumption (some will call it Confirmation Bias); but not in favor of any new truth, and certainly not to explore views alien to your understanding. 

Rosie, you consistently show little to no penchant to think or reason outside of your pre-conditioned little box, and THIS is exactly why I challenged you to do so. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at December 4, 2019 7:03 PM MST
      December 1, 2019 7:59 AM MST

I have been answering this GOD stuff from you for 12 years and so has everyone else.  You are still asking the same thing.  OBVIOUSLY we cannot find an answer.  WE CANNOT SEE GOD WITH OUR EYES and therefore, the BLIND who look for GOD that way, are not going to GET IT. OKAY?  YOUR GOD is not going to have the same interpretation as MY 2 Cents.  Who is right?  BOTH.  OKAY?  THE END BUT NOT REALLY, BECAUSE YOU WILL ASK IT AGAIN NEXT MONTH AS IF YOU HAVE NOT ASKED THIS ALREADY.  At least Trump does NEW things each day to talk about.  This?  This is 2,000 years OLD.
      November 30, 2019 10:38 AM MST

When what we gain, learn, investigate, research, or question leads us away from God then it is sinful.  So there are limits. 
      December 1, 2019 9:26 AM MST