Active Now

Malizz
Flint Ironstag
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are you quick on the uptake and once you make a mistake YOU KNOW IT and never repeat it? Or are you very slow and never know what happened?

Are you quick on the uptake and once you make a mistake YOU KNOW IT and never repeat it? Or are you very slow and never know what happened?

Posted - November 30, 2019

Responses

I always know what happened.  I often repeat the same mistake, because life is not black and white.  The lesson is not carved in stone with a slap in the face when you repeat the mistake.  Oftentimes, the mistake is made again because SOMETHING is gotten out of doing it.  Something that is oftentimes more of a reward than the punishment of doing the mistake.   For instance. I drank in my 20's for years.  It ruined my life for awhile but I kept doing it, because it calmed me down.  That is the part and parcel of it.  My ability to calm down far outweighed everything else that happened.  I got sick, so what?  I'll just wait till I can drink again and I'll feel okay.  What people do not know most times about alcholics, is they can FUNCTION a lot BETTER most days with the AID of booze.  I could do my jobs a lot better and be the life of the party, because I was calm, not drunk at all. But I needed booze to stay competent.  Otherwise, I was a bundle of fear and anxiety.  We  didn't have anything back then to address my anxiety issue.  This was accepted in polite society and I thought I was doing something WRONG (I always know) but I needed it.  I did not have the tools necessary for a sober life.  No one did back then.  You either sucked it up and were miserable or you drank or did drugs and self-medicated.  

Can you imagine being that INSANE?  Alcohol makes you nuts.  Trust me. I was. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 1, 2019 3:19 AM MST
      November 30, 2019 11:20 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Sharon.
      December 1, 2019 3:20 AM MST

If I make a mistake I know it, I acknowledge it, I take responsibility for it, and I usually don't make the same mistake again.
      November 30, 2019 1:39 PM MST

Don't some mistakes take years to realize? Thank you for your reply ru and Happy Sunday to you! :)
      December 1, 2019 3:20 AM MST