Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Sports » NFL: are the paychecks for the New England Patriots referees only signed by Bill Belichick, or is Tom Brady authorized to sign them too?

NFL: are the paychecks for the New England Patriots referees only signed by Bill Belichick, or is Tom Brady authorized to sign them too?

Just pondering. 

Posted - December 1, 2019

Responses

That would be unethical.

Instead, Mr Kraft provides refs with complimentary services at a certain massage shop he knows in Florida. 

December 1, 2019 8:11 PM MST

NFL referees are paid by neither one but by the league itself.   I looked it up and they used to be part time positions but in the last couple of years they have become full-time. This post was edited by officegirl at December 1, 2019 11:29 PM MST
      December 1, 2019 8:31 PM MST

(Psssst: it’s not a serious question, it is a conspiracy theory.)

~
      December 1, 2019 11:11 PM MST

The NFL program to employ full time referees was placed on hiatus early in 2019; and there were only 21 full time referees---hardly enough to cover the games played.  (Various internet sources.) 

T
    he NFL Referees Association is the sole and exclusive bargaining representative of all employees employed by the NFL to officiate games played by the Member Clubs of the NFL. This includes all Game Officials, including referees, umpires, head linesmen, line judges, back judges, side judges, field judges, replay officials and any additional Game Officials employed by the National Football League to officiate games played by the NFL Member Clubs.

https://www.nflra.com/
      December 1, 2019 11:53 PM MST

Thank you. 
      December 2, 2019 2:09 PM MST

What is this obsession with referees?  

I never heard anyone talk about that one.  
      December 2, 2019 1:51 AM MST

Your point being??????  Oh, wait, Sharon has never heard of it, so it must not be posted here!  

(((((Step over here so no one can hear me take you to task, Dear Heart. Number One, you’ve stated before that you’re not a sports fan, that you know noting about sports. That being the case, you may be out of your league here. That doesn’t mean you can’t join in the fun, it doesn’t mean you can’t participate here, it doesn’t mean you can’t post anything here, it merely means that you’re less likely to know what’s going on. Number Two, it’s OKAY for people to introduce new topics, your prior knowledge and/approval is not necessary in order for others to post things. Thirdly, this particular topic is not entirely new, nor to say it’s on the top of everyone’s tongue, but it’s been bandied around a bit here and there. If it doesn’t capture your interest, fine, you’re not required to provide input. If you decide to, you are just as welcome as anyone else.  Now go back over there with all the others and pretend that I was asking you for your blueberry pie recipe or directions for getting from Joliet to Chicago.)))))

~
      December 2, 2019 5:43 AM MST