Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » Have you or will you break any Christmas traditions this year?

Have you or will you break any Christmas traditions this year?

After 15 years I am going to break my tradition of having a Christmas Fun with Algebra section at our annual Christmas gala/open house. The Christmas Fun with Algebra section had Christmas themed algebra problems for kids of all ages to solve and if they solved them they got a Christmas gift. It was a pretty popular section of my Christmas gala at one time but interest dropped off over the years so I am going to cancel it this year and have a tree decorating program on my computer for the kids. Cheers! 

Posted - December 2, 2019

Responses

I would never have come to your house for Christmas. I hate math.  I hated ALGEBRA most of all.  

December 2, 2019 3:20 PM MST

Ya but there is also a Christmas Trick Dog show. This year it will be a dog that plays Oh Christmas Tree on a rubber bulb bicycle horn. I'm also teaching him to do a comedy act when I say - what does Donald Trump's face look like he says - bark bark. Cheers!
      December 2, 2019 5:30 PM MST

Yes.....we will break with tradition actually ,many Christmas Crackers ,apart from me an me mum and sisters....:)D 
      December 2, 2019 10:18 PM MST

There's nothing fun about algebra, and I don't have any Christmas traditions to break, being Jewish and all.
      December 2, 2019 10:38 PM MST