Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Some are dog people and some are cat people. Might it have something to do with the level of noise?

Some are dog people and some are cat people. Might it have something to do with the level of noise?

Do noisy folks like dogs better and quiet folks like cats better? How much noise can you tolerate and for how long? Which noise is the least tolerable for you? Why?

Posted - December 5, 2019

Responses

I am a quiet person and I like cats and dogs equally.

If there is a correlation between personality type and pet type in other people, I haven't noticed one!
      December 6, 2019 2:08 AM MST

Hi Rev! Whassup? Well I prefer cats because they are independent and not jumping all over you all the time. Dogs are too needy for attention for my taste. I had one dog when I was 10...a cocker spaniel named Blackie and at that age I enjoyed him. We had huge backyard so we never had to "walk" him. But as I've aged I find quiet is priceless and of great value. I eschew anything noisy if I have a choice. Cats know where to poop and they even cover it up when they're through. Cats are understated and slip in and out of rooms in a stealthy fashion. So that's why I'm a cat person. Being a grandparent to a dog would be fine. See them on occasion and then they go home with their parents. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to you m'dear! :)
      December 6, 2019 2:18 AM MST