Active Now

Malizz
Thebigd
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Since a vast majority of republicans are trump kissers, should they also be removed from office? Are they that stupid?

Since a vast majority of republicans are trump kissers, should they also be removed from office? Are they that stupid?

Posted - December 14, 2019

Responses

If you are a contemporary Republican, what choice do you have BUT to support Trump?

There is no vast pool of Republicans-who-hate-Trump voters whom GOP politicians can appeal to in order to stay in office.

However you feel about it, these people are the GOP base.

December 14, 2019 5:53 PM MST

A drunken moron with some kind of accent saying she is not from America. Deport her.
      December 14, 2019 6:02 PM MST

Maybe not removed from office but they should have to get their lips bleached. Cheers! and happy weekend!

December 14, 2019 5:55 PM MST

I think every one in public office should be considered individually on their own merits, and held to account for their shortcomings and bad choices. Regardless of party. 

The lingering stink of Trump will not, and should not, be quickly washed off when the electorate gets to speak its collective mind about the President’s childish antics, the name-calling and false threats, the manifest dishonesty, incivility, incompetence, chaos, and endless noise that his willing partisan lackeys have aligned themselves to protect.   

It should raise a question about the deepest integrity of supposed “public servants“ who toe the line of a self-obsessed, unethical degenerate whom they apparently fear and must secretly loathe.

I suggest this idea should visit the thoughts of every voter, on every line of the ballot. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at December 15, 2019 9:14 AM MST
      December 14, 2019 7:27 PM MST

It is not clear to me how many GOP politicians actually like Trump versus those who only pretend to like Trump. For example, you can find many quotes from prior to the 2016 GOP convention where Senator Lindsey Graham repeatedly insults Trump. Now (S)wishy-Washy* Lindsey is one of his biggest supporters.

However, I have read at least one interview with a GOP congressman (If he allowed the reporter to use his name, I can't remember it) where he said Trump's actions are deeply troubling...yet whenever he goes back to his district all he hears from his constituents is "Why aren't you doing more to defend Trump?"

Which just highlights the real problem: Trump is NOT the disease. Trump is a symptom of the disease. Blaming our politicians for behaving exactly as their electorate demands they do (lest they face a well-funded primary opponent who is even more doctrinaire) is a bit silly.

* = Note: That's a bit of a lame (and borderline homophobic) joke. There is a segment of the political left who believe Lindsey Graham is a closeted gay man who is hiding his sexual orientation, perhaps even from himself. I have no way of knowing if this is true, and I don't actually care. But the speculation is out there in the public discourse.
      December 14, 2019 11:01 PM MST

Nice closing thought!  I wish this would happen, as well.
    :) :)  That and many others before they pushpin the hole saying yes or no.
      December 15, 2019 12:42 AM MST

That raises the question:
    If we were to do such a thing, does that mean the democrats would rule by default?
    Or..
    Would that conclude our republican and democrat parties forcing us to merge into one party.  A party that might actually find the good on both sides and focus on those instead of poking at the bad of both parties and getting nowhere?

To answer your question more directly, no.  I do think their mouths and lips should be washed out with soap.
    Blistex and Carmex may be in high demand. 
      December 15, 2019 12:50 AM MST

I was drunk when I wrote it. (as usual. LOL)
      December 15, 2019 9:16 AM MST