Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » What is the House (and perhaps Senate) up to while we are distracted with impeachment? Amnesty?

What is the House (and perhaps Senate) up to while we are distracted with impeachment? Amnesty?

House just passed HR 5038. Farm Workforce Modernization Act of 2019 

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/5038?q=%7B"search"%3A%5B"Farm+workers"%5D%7D&s=1&r=4

Adds more worker VISAs. Gives an anmesty to illegal farm workers and their families.  A path to citizenship and tax money for housing.

What else have they snuck by us

Posted - December 15, 2019

Responses

I'm not distracted but I'm not keeping up with Congressional shenanigans either.  Maybe tomorrow I'll look at the news.  
      December 15, 2019 11:20 PM MST

Problem is the news media (all sides) are not covering it. 

December 16, 2019 4:23 AM MST

To be frank, I've never had an affinity for politicians in general and the Democrats specifically because it seems that attempting to and sneaking things by the citizens is common practice. This bill is not only dishonest it may end up being hazardous for this economy. It seems that some Republicans are also in on it. The attempted destruction of this Republic continues and the media is a huge part of it.
      December 16, 2019 11:02 AM MST