Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Finance » Why do people argue about big businesses and goverment spending when they have NO IDEA whatsoever how any of this spending works or what goes where?

Why do people argue about big businesses and goverment spending when they have NO IDEA whatsoever how any of this spending works or what goes where?

Did you ever work for a big company?  That money problem and where money goes cannot be figured out or funneled to wherever unless there is a whole operation in place that figures out what to channel where and they need all sorts of approvals before anything can get spent.

So how do we, the public, know or talk about all this spending.  

It's silly, really.

I am seeing complaints about how much is spent for this disease or that issue, like it is coming out of their pockets.  Give me a break.   No one knows. 

Posted - September 17, 2016

Responses

Hello t:

Speak for yourself.. 

excon

September 17, 2016 9:18 AM MDT

September 17, 2016 9:28 AM MDT

I think I am.  I mean can YOU tell me how much is being spent on ZIKA and why?  And how much is spent on defense and why?  Give me a break.

September 17, 2016 9:40 AM MDT

giphy to you too

September 17, 2016 9:40 AM MDT

• Trust them. They know what's best better than we do.Eh?
      September 17, 2016 10:13 AM MDT

• I did work for a big comapany; three of them

Regarding big companies & approvals:

And $39billion isn't a handout to a local street musician 

September 17, 2016 11:26 AM MDT

Hello t:

Sure I can..  Oh, it's not easy, but the data is there to be gleaned.  If I had a reason to seek it out, other than to please you, I would.  Look..  I get that you're not willing to do that kind of grunt work.  But, don't assume you're the only one.

excon

September 17, 2016 12:13 PM MDT

probably cause theyd like to think they know what goes on

September 25, 2016 8:57 PM MDT