Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » Do you get your pets anything for Christmas?

Do you get your pets anything for Christmas?

I always get my cat and dog a few Christmas presents even though my cat doesn't deserve any because she can be a bad girl (poops in the closet and destroys my couches). But my dog is a real good boy all year plus he works hard guarding us and our stuff so I always try to get  him something special.  I'd tell you what  I got him this year but he is a security dog so he probably knows my passwords and might see this post then he won't be surprized on Christmas morning. Cheers and Merry Christmas! 

Posted - December 21, 2019

Responses

They will all get their teeth cleaned in January.  Their newest toy is an empty medical tape holder which for some reason stands on end and rolls, they love it.  Also a new rubber band, their favorite toy.  
      December 21, 2019 5:03 PM MST

Ya my cats favorit part of her Christmas presents will be the ribbons in a way they are both like kids at Christmas they both have more fun playing with the packaging then the toys inside. Cheers and Merry Christmas!
      December 21, 2019 5:11 PM MST

:) :)!
      December 21, 2019 5:31 PM MST

I hadn't thought about cats attraction to ribbon.  My next trip to the dollar store, I'll pick up a couple
    Of those items.  They will love them, thanks for the reminder.  
      December 22, 2019 9:58 AM MST

Ya they love stuff like that only problem is most ribbon contains micro plastics so you really don't want the pet chewing on it - they can have just as much fun with a leather shoe lace. Cheers and Merry Christmas!
      December 22, 2019 10:07 AM MST

I love homemade toys, or toys your pet made a toy of... out of something meant for an entirely different reason.  It is truly the little things that we don't see and our fur family does in the gadgets we have laying around our house.  Talk about finding joy in anything.
    Animals are truly the best. :):) This post was edited by Merlin at December 21, 2019 5:33 PM MST
      December 21, 2019 5:30 PM MST

Once I made my cat a Hissy Box. It was a box with a mirror inside it and there was a small hole in the front of the box. When my cat looked into the box she saw her reflection and though it was another cat on her turf so she would start hissing and growling - it was pretty fun to watch. Cheers and Merry Christmas!
      December 21, 2019 5:39 PM MST

Awesome!  Now that is being creative!!  Very Cool!  Cheers and Merry Christmas to you as well!
    :) :)
      December 21, 2019 5:42 PM MST

I made the same exact thing for my,  Twinkle The Elf! 
    He's gonna luv it! LO
    L

December 21, 2019 5:43 PM MST

That is a great idea. You can also take an empty kleenex box and put a favorite small toy in it.  They love the challenge of getting it out.  (something they can get ahold of)
      December 22, 2019 9:34 AM MST

Absolutely!  They have their own stocking and presents under the tree.  This year I bought my bosses dog, green chewables for his breath and teeth, a new brush, and some nice conditioner for his coat.  My m&ds dogs, we bought new balls that can't be torn apart, a new bed for McKinley, (the tallest standard poodle you will ever meet,) and new shampoo with aloe.  My sister's cat we bought new wet cat food.  It's a treat because she only feeds dry cat food.
    They are a huge part of our lives and love to play in the wrapping paper and any other mess and commotion Christmas allows!
    It's a party for everyone present with presents to boot!

This post was edited by Merlin at December 22, 2019 7:54 AM MST
      December 21, 2019 5:40 PM MST

I don't have a pet, but I do buy presents for my sister's two pups.  This year they're getting chew bones that are also good for cleaning their teeth.  
      December 21, 2019 9:32 PM MST

Of course! I buy more gifts for my dogs than any human!!

December 22, 2019 7:56 AM MST

Big Wags!! 
    :) :)!!
      December 27, 2019 4:53 PM MST