Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Christmas can be stressful for many. What stresses do you experience/ What could be done to ease that stress?

Christmas can be stressful for many. What stresses do you experience/ What could be done to ease that stress?

Posted - December 22, 2019

Responses

No celebrate, no shopping, no bitchy ex wife, no stress, no problem. I just want the music and ads to disappear.
      December 22, 2019 3:15 PM MST

I prefer to avoid the schmultz and ads too. I can switch it off easily enough at home.
    And it's less intrusive in a rural area. Down in the village, everyone has put up lights - not so much because they are believers but to attract tourists.
    In the nearest town, every shop has had it's Xmas decorations up since early November - one-quarter of the year! But then again, business has flat-lined. No one is spending on anything beyond necessities. Shop keepers are desperate to try to stay afloat. 

I remember when I lived Sydney it was inescapable. Supermarkets and shopping centres playing musak versions of carols. Shockingly extravagant decorations made of plastic and tinsel that would all end up in landfill. Santas on thrones with children on their knees for photographers - the smallest in tears, terrified of the strange big man in red. It was a season for endurance and patience.
      December 22, 2019 3:30 PM MST

I remember those days when my children were young. The major stressor was their mother. She thought she was the queen of x-mas.
      December 22, 2019 3:55 PM MST

I have no Christmas stress other than missing loved ones who are gone.   I miss them every day.  It multiplies during Christmastime.
      December 22, 2019 4:12 PM MST

When I was in my 20's and a social butterfly it stressed me out.  No more.  I kind of ignore the whole thing and let the day fall as it may.  I love it, but I don't plan any more
      December 22, 2019 4:47 PM MST

When I was in my 20's and a social butterfly it stressed me out.  No more.  I kind of ignore the whole thing and let the day fall as it may.  I love it, but I don't plan any more
      December 22, 2019 4:47 PM MST

• I just drink extra wine this time of year  so nothing stresses me. 
      December 22, 2019 6:25 PM MST