Active Now

Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Why is oil the only thing that turns on world leaders and coveting it is the prime directive? Why not invade Africa for its diamonds?

Why is oil the only thing that turns on world leaders and coveting it is the prime directive? Why not invade Africa for its diamonds?

Posted - January 2, 2020

Responses

:):):)
      January 4, 2020 2:06 AM MST

:):):)
      January 4, 2020 2:06 AM MST

Is there anything HARDER than diamond E? I can't agree with thee about diamonds being unnecessary. "Beauty is its own excuse for being". You would do without beauty because it is not essential? I disagree bigly. No sunsets or sunrises or diamondy sparkles on the ocean water on a sunny day? No rainbows or Aurora Borealis to take your breath away? Ever see a double rainbow? Even lightning across the sky can be beautiful if it doesn't strike anyone anything. Beauty is ESSENTIAL to me. Thank you for your informative reply. I appreciate. :)
      January 4, 2020 2:02 AM MST

When people think of diamonds they commonly and naturally think of gem-quality ones. Whatever accusations people might make about the mining companies, the highest-grade gem-quality crystals are a tiny fraction of those that are mined.

Most of the rest are basically just very hard grains of grit only suitable, but ultimately perhaps more valuable, for such purposes as industrial cutting-tools and abrasives. Even I have some, as diamond files - steel blades coated with an adhesive loaded with diamond dust.

Crude Oil is coveted because its derivatives are actually far more useful for far more purposes, so far more valuable overall, than diamonds!  
      January 4, 2020 4:32 PM MST