Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What's this? Is dumb don actually backing away from a war with Iran? I betcha his poll numbers are way down in the TERLET. You?

What's this? Is dumb don actually backing away from a war with Iran? I betcha his poll numbers are way down in the TERLET. You?

Posted - January 8, 2020

Responses

Killed a terrorist. Saved lives.  Never planned war with Iran. 
      January 8, 2020 7:30 AM MST

Good answer. :)
      January 8, 2020 10:31 AM MST

If Suleiamani was a "terrorist", then every general in every army in the history of armies was also a "terrorist." Moreover, this so-called "terrorist" was an ally in the US/Iraqi/Iranian joint effort to eliminate ISIS in Iraq.

Your other two statements are expressions of belief, not evidence-based statements about reality.
      January 8, 2020 11:28 AM MST

:):):)
      January 8, 2020 11:32 AM MST

Every General in every army have not been sanctioned by the UN for supporting terrorist activities. 
    Iran was never and ally. "The enemy of my enemy is a useful asset" but not necessarily my friend nor my ally.

Iran supports Assad in Syria because it is their link to Hezbollah in their fight against Israel.

No one is denying this guy was a known terrorist. And responsible for murdering thousands. Except Iran. 
      January 8, 2020 12:54 PM MST

As I noted elsewhere, the UN has sanctioned Israel many many times for its poor behavior. I don't hear you calling for the removal/trial/imprisonment/killing of Israeli government officials or military officers.

So, apparently in your world,

Bad behavior + UN sanction  +  F***ing Hadji Iranian = OK to terminate with extreme prejudice

Bad behavior + UN sanction + American/Israeli = They're the Good Guys

Can you figure out the crucial distinction between the two constructs?
      January 8, 2020 2:34 PM MST

Israel does not propose to "wipe a country off the map" 
    Israel does not support proxy militias to attack others. 
    Israel offers peace, the surrounding people refuse. They elect terrorists as government (Hamas). 

Soleimani murdered Iranians for protesting. 2000 at least. This man is not simply a military General. People do not party in the street because a military general died. 
    He killed Americans and was in the process of planning to kill more. When you go to another country to attack Americans....you are taking your life in your hands. 
      January 8, 2020 4:07 PM MST

I would go through the process of rendering your "arguments" moot once again (e.g. the "wipe Israel off the map" was a mistranslation that became a right-wing talking point).

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2011/10/debating-every-last-word-ahmadinejads-wipe-israel-map/337064/

But I don't think there would be much point.

It appears the mental process of picking what you wish to believe and then cherry-picking "evidence" to support it is too habitual to be changed.

January 9, 2020 10:38 AM MST

"regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time" -  Is this somehow better than "wipe off the map"? It means the same thing. Iran does not want Israel to exist.  
    And it is not like they only said this. He also denys the Holocaust. 

"...any freedom lover and justice seeker in the world must do its best for the annihilation of the Zionist regime ..." 
    I am sure this was a simple mistranslation as well. 

Iran does not believe Israel has a right to exist. This is something they do not even deny so why would any one else?
      January 9, 2020 4:02 PM MST

:):):)
      January 9, 2020 2:19 AM MST

I think the backlash against the can of worms President Trump was potentially unleashing by killing General Soleimani as large enough that even he noticed.

As for the polling numbers, I think you can read almost anything you want into it. Polls I've seen suggest a majority of Americans supported  killing the F***ing Hadji assassinating Solemani. 

But Americans, in general, have consistently supported bloodless video-game acts of war. It's when the wars involve actual body bags and tax increases that they (sometimes) break free of their jingoism.
      January 8, 2020 11:33 AM MST

I never did understand the video games of hacking and slaying and killing and winning. The obsessions with gaining more points the more vicious and cruel you were. I don't know if its a "guy" thing but never was my cuppa tea. I think dumb don never had an original thought. He is not an actor he is a reactor. Which means you can pull his strings in any direction you want. Thank you for your reply SP! :)
      January 9, 2020 2:21 AM MST