Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » This is cherse folks! Kansas City is suing a gun manufacturer for ILLEGAL TRAFFICKING for supplying guns to KNOWN FELONS! PRISON FOR THEM?

This is cherse folks! Kansas City is suing a gun manufacturer for ILLEGAL TRAFFICKING for supplying guns to KNOWN FELONS! PRISON FOR THEM?

Big fines and long prison term for the greedy hoors who did that.

Anyone think that's OK? Give known felons guns and all the crazy wackadoodles too and let them have their fun in the sun? Sheesh.

Posted - January 9, 2020

Responses

Gun manufacturers do not sale direct to consumer. They sale to Federally registered and approved dealers. Those dealers then sale to the customers.  If there are illegal sales, throw both the dealer and customer in prison. 

The only way they can win is if they can prove the manufacturer is bypassing the dealer. 
      January 9, 2020 8:06 AM MST

Yup. :)
      January 9, 2020 11:08 AM MST

Actually ... both Rosie and my2cents are correct, in this instance.

The suit is not because the manufacturer sold to ex-felons.
    It is because the manufacturer sold to someone without the proper BATFE license - and that person sold to anybody, without the appropriate forms or background checks.

The manufacturer involved is Jimenez Arms, whom I never heard of prior to this morning when NPR talked about the case.
    Read The Story Here

Here's the history of Jimenez Arms This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at January 10, 2020 12:58 AM MST
      January 9, 2020 2:13 PM MST

The there should be criminal charges against both the manufacturer and the unlicensed seller not just a law suit. 

I googled just the article I read did not specify that the seller was not licensed. It mentioned 3 different sellers but only that they should have know the purchases were not legit. 
      January 9, 2020 2:42 PM MST

From what was reported on NPR, there are federal charges pending against the unlicensed seller.
    They didn't mention any federal charges against the manufacturer, but I don't know why the BATFE wouldn't do so.
      January 10, 2020 7:08 AM MST

Thank you for fleshing out the backstory Walt. You are a prince of a pal. I appreciate it bigly. Happy Friday to ya! :)
      January 10, 2020 12:58 AM MST