Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Meghan back in Canada. Queen seeks solution." To do what? To stop the racist British press from attacking her?

"Meghan back in Canada. Queen seeks solution." To do what? To stop the racist British press from attacking her?

Why did no one do anything before this? That ship left port. The train left. Too soon old too late schamart.

There are disgusting racists everywhere. What they wreak is never good. But they did free a human being of pretending to adore being what she is not and affording her the opportunity of being the person she is. And her husband is backing her up 100%. So much for all the bullying and attacking and insulting and being "holier than". There is always a price to pay for bad behavior.

Posted - January 10, 2020

Responses

Ahem!

The British Press is NOT "racist".

If anything it tends to fawn over America, especially when it comes to "celebrities".
      January 10, 2020 2:55 PM MST

Really? FAKE NEWS then? You Brits are not remotely racist? No one "looks down on" Meghan for being bi-racial? No cartoons were drawn or stories written that were remotely hurtful or harmful? They are just making it all up to get out of being ROYAL puppets? Interesting. Provocative. Typical? We cannot trust what we read. Different perspectives obviously. Which is true and which is faux? I do not know. I don't make this stuf up. I read about it and then I ask about it and you are assuring me that the question is insulting because y'all are loving everyone all the time black or white or in-between? Okey dokey. Thank you for your reply Durdle. This post was edited by RosieG at January 11, 2020 3:15 AM MST
      January 11, 2020 3:14 AM MST

I have  not seen the newspapers you have,  but the British Press will criticise anyone famous for anything.

They stop short of being outright racist though, because that could land them in serious trouble with the law.

The more serious concern in the UK about Meghan was about her being drawn into circles and situations both literally and figuratively foreign to her; and what effect that would have on both their marriage and the Royal Family.  It probably worked for Victoria and Elizabeth because their Albert and Philip were already princes in their own royal families - but it's not easy and must be far harder when the spouse is a commoner (as Diana was).

Whatever the tackier end of the newspaper trade might write, no-one in the UK really cares about Meghan's race even if they know it. British society now is so mixed that most people accept it, and inter-racial relationships of many sorts, even marriages like that of one my own friends (to a mixed-race woman) are quite common.   

One journalist interviewed about on the radio the other day thought if anything Harry and Meghan risk being open to worse publicity by becoming merely "celebrities" like the Kardashians, where the publicity is as shallow and critical as things like tastes in clothes or glittery parties.
      January 11, 2020 2:45 PM MST

I think the Queen should be happy for them and happy for her Grandchild. Cheers and Happy weekend!
      January 11, 2020 2:50 PM MST