Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » There are allegedly lots of holy places in the world..the VATICAN allegedly being one. What about a country/city? Do you live in one?

There are allegedly lots of holy places in the world..the VATICAN allegedly being one. What about a country/city? Do you live in one?

How holy is it? Lots of places of worship of various faiths?

I wonder what city in America has the most places of worship?
Which state in America has the most places of worship?

Which country in the world has the most places of worship or middle-eastern town or European city or in China or Japan? How about Russia. Any religion going on therein?

Does a greater number of places to worship guarantee a greater  number of goodlier people?

Posted - January 15, 2020

Responses

Q. Which city in America has the most places of worship?
    A. Indianapolis is the city with the most places of worship 

Q. Which state in America has the most places of worship?
    A. Texas 

Q3. Which country in the world has the most places of worship?
    A Russia

Q Which middle-eastern country has the most places of worship
    A. Unknown as they use different terms to define "place of worship"

Q. Which European city has the most places of worship?
    A. Vatican City

Q. How many places of worship in China?
    A. Unknown as they use different terms to define "place of worship"

Q. How many places of worship in Japan?

Q. How many places of worship in Russia?

Q. Does a greater number of places to worship guarantee a greater  number of goodlier people?
    A. No.  A percentage of people who attend worship are 'fakers'.  They only attend for prestige, to make business contacts, because their family went/goes there, and such.  True worship comes from the heart (inward person).   Unless the heart (inward person) is godly, the outward person (actions) wont be godly.

Anywhere God is, is holy (sanctified, set apart).  God does not dwell in countries, cities, or even churches.  He dwells in the hearts of people (those who will allow Him, that is).  Therefore if God is dwelling in a person, they are holy (even though they still sin).  While there are numerous places of worship (of all denominations) in this town, the actions of many show that they aren't holy.
      January 15, 2020 12:53 PM MST

Thank you for a very thoughtful and informative reply Shuhak. I WAS a churchgoer years ago. I taught Sunday School to nursery school kids when I was 12. However at some point the church got in the way and so I decided to cut out the middleman and go direct. So that's what I did and I hav NEVER once regretted it. There are many fakers and among the "holy" it is even worse. Priests who molest children or others priests or nuns? The scum and scourge of evil in my opinion. No human being is equipped to speak for GOD. Especially those who are politically corrupted. They are blasphemous when they preach HATE and all the dumb don supporters preach is only hatred. They are worthless in my opinion. :)
      January 17, 2020 2:39 AM MST

Wikipedia says---

A holy place is a place that people consider holy and/or a religion considers to be of special religious significance.

Which suggests that what is considered a holy place depends to some degree on whether you are a Christian, Buddhist, or a follower of Islam.

Somewhere in my past I remember being told that how a place is used is what determines its "holiness."

I like the "use" concept as a determining factor.

After all, what is more deserving of being designated as "holy" in the universe than holding your newborn child for the first time?

As for where I live, Texas was still designated a "missionary" area when I first moved here as a teenager in 1960.

But, the "Trinity" River does flow through the DFW area; so perhaps we are on the verge of experiencing something really big---lol

January 15, 2020 1:39 PM MST

Thank you for a thoughtful and informative reply tom. Holy is in the eye of the beholder. Just as it everything else. Trinity River? Father Son and Holy Spirit. Well we shall see of what significance that is. I think Texas is purple now on the way to blue? Red is the color of hate and anger. Blue is calm and soothing. Purple is on its way in the right direction.
      January 17, 2020 2:42 AM MST

When he signed the Civil Rights, Democratic President Johnson said the Democrats would lose the South for a generation. 

So it's turning purple on the way to blue just about on schedule.

And that's what I like most about the Democrats, they tend to do what is morally right according to Western principles regardless of personal cost---in stark contrast to the Republicans who are only interested in themselves.
      January 17, 2020 3:20 PM MST

I did not know that about President Johnson. That was quite prescient. I think Republicans have always been guided by self-interest and been less concerned with the interests of others. Dems on the other hand are not motivated 100% by self-interest and so they do try to make things better for others. I think Dems have "heart" whereas Republicans are known for being "heartless". Of course that is an oversimplification. Thank you for your reply tom and Happy Saturday! :)
      January 18, 2020 2:13 AM MST

I think many elected Republicans tend to consider themselves and the "chosen" ones and act as elitists.

On the whole, they appear to think far too highly of themselves and their judgment.
      January 18, 2020 2:23 PM MST

Copy that tom. Their sense of entitlement is so thick you can cut it with a knife! They do need one another to function though. I see no independence of thought or creativity or imagination (other than believing lies of course) or inventiveness among them. The only thing they "stand out" for is breaking the law or defending/supporting those who do. Moscow mitch that son of an itch is the public face that represents all of them. They march in lockstep to some drumbeat unique to them. A block of ice has more personality. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      January 19, 2020 2:45 AM MST

I'm not sure the Catholics would like "allegedly" for the Vatican!  

My town and environs has a fair sprinkling of Christian churches - Anglican, Catholic, Methodist, Baptists, United Reformed, Jehovah's Witnesses and one or two others. There is even a small group that has no building of its own so hires the Women's Institute hall near me, every Sunday.

No mosques or synagogues though, so I don't know what any local Muslims or Jews do. Worship at home I suppose.

+

My local Anglican church has a peal of bells and ringing-team. I can't hear them from home but have done sometimes when I've passed the church on their practice evenings. 

January 15, 2020 4:22 PM MST

Thank you for your thoughtful and informative reply Durdle. I'm not sure what measuring the worth of a city by the number of its places to worship means. I just think some people (I have no idea how many) attend church for appearance sake and while there are probably thinking about things other than GOD.  Those who go who are honest honorable and real are the ones who get the most out of it. How many of THEM there are I also don't know. :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 5, 2020 1:45 AM MST
      January 17, 2020 2:46 AM MST

Thank you Rosie.

No, I wouldn't judge any city by number of places of worship.

I don't think very many would attend church for the sake of it, although there are plenty who would admit doing so only for weddings, Christenings and funerals. Last time I went to church was in 2018, when invited to attend the ordination of a friend as a deacon. She became promoted to priest last year (Anglican). Nothing by halves though - the service was in Newcastle Cathedral, some 400 miles from home, and about 7 hours  by train!

After I'd posted the above I realised that if you regard ancient burial grounds as sacred - we don't know but it's a fairly safe assumption - my county is rich in Neolithic and Bronze Age burial-mounds. Some standing-stone circles too, though we cannot know what those were for.

The Romans liked it here as well, and they would no doubt have had their temples.   

January 21, 2020 3:10 PM MST

Sometimes on the Science channel or History channel we are taken to such places around the world. I often wonder who built Stonehenge and how and what it represented. Also from the air worldwide there are "crop circles" that defy the imagination. Very intricate and beautiful. Who put them there? What were the people like of those times? It is mindboggling and fascinating to me. I wonder if the library at Alexandria hadn't burned down destroying everything within it what would our society be like today? Assuming it really happened. Thank you for your reply!)
      January 22, 2020 2:46 AM MST

Adelaide is known as "The city of Churches" for a reason. Even in the outer suburbs - there's a big Sikh temple a stone's throw from my home.
      January 15, 2020 4:43 PM MST

It IS R? Wow. I did not know that. I think that's marvelous. It's way better than being known for the number of gun-related deaths that occur like Chicago is currently. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday/Saturday to you m'dear! :) I'm gonna ask a question using this as my inspiration! :)
      January 17, 2020 2:49 AM MST