Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Any gals out there who pretended to be "helpless" so as not to drive away the men in your life?

Any gals out there who pretended to be "helpless" so as not to drive away the men in your life?

Isn't that being deceitful? Being instructed to lie so that a guy doesn't find you obnoxious? I dunno. Seems kinda dumb to me to do that.

Posted - January 15, 2020

Responses

Who would want a man like that? 
      January 15, 2020 8:00 AM MST

Hahahahahahahahaha! ((hugs)) EXACTLY m2c! PRECISELY! BINGO! Thank you for your PERFECT reply. Guess what? I didn't even think of it but there is no better answer anyone is gonna come up with so congrats! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 15, 2020 9:51 AM MST
      January 15, 2020 8:39 AM MST

I wish I was pretending.

I am helpless.  I cannot fix things like plumbing or cars or any man things.  I just pay.  I don't pretend. I just pay someone to help.  
      January 15, 2020 8:43 AM MST

I don't pretend I'm helpless about anything I can do. I also don't pretend I know things I don't. I am not an oil changer. I don't want to get dirty and I have no interest in learning how to change the oil in a car. Guys adore stuff like that and I am thrilled to let them do it. You never pretended dumb when you were smart about anything? That's what this question is about Sharon. Not knowing is fine. Knowing and pretending you don't? That's lying. That is extremely NOT FINE. Thank you for your reply! :)
      January 15, 2020 10:07 AM MST

I answered it as best I could with the idea in mind that I DON'T ever pretend.  Sorry, if I was unclear.
      January 15, 2020 10:15 AM MST

I'm not beholden to any men apart from those in my extended family...I can match them in most anything as long as strength and hight aren't an issue   :) 
      January 15, 2020 8:54 AM MST

I take my hat off to you D! You can undoubtedly change the oil in your car. I don't like getting dirty and have no interest in learning how to change the oil in a car so I leave that to guys or gals who enjoy that stuff. I am not beholden anyone. I acknowledge my limitations in talent/ability/interest so I pay to have people who are experts at it do it properly so I can do what I like to do while they are doing what they are paid to do. Everybody wins! Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      January 15, 2020 10:11 AM MST

I was shown by my dad ,brothers ,grandfathers and uncles Rosie....I always had my nose in every thing they did and even went to work with them when I could..
    .it's amazing what you can do if you try..I must admit I don't like messing about with cars now...oil,greese  and grim sticks and is a devil of a job to wash of your hands..
      January 15, 2020 6:44 PM MST

That's why I don't like camping. Getting dirty and staying that way isn't my cuppa tea. At night I want a shower and a clean bed. No roughing it for me. In some ways I'm a very typical gal. I LOVE cooking and doing home-based things. Jim is the go-getter explorer going outside to see what's out there. Me? I'm happiest at home doing what I like to do. One of those things is chatting with pals worldwide like you. In my wildest dreams in my real life I'd never meet an Aussie or a Brit or a Canadian. Here almost daily I get to chat with you and them! The internet is definitely a bringing together of people who would probably never encounter one another! Thank you for your reply D! :)
      January 18, 2020 5:00 AM MST

Doesn't it make you wonder why there is so much hatred of other people of far off lands...   Religion is the root of all evil and hatered in the world plus of course greed and the want and need of free oil and minerials...What country isn't guilty of it....England has been one of the worst offenders ,thankfully mostly before my time though... 
      January 18, 2020 7:53 AM MST