Active Now

Randy D
Element 99
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Trump will be removed, and Pence will too. Welcome President Pelosi

Trump will be removed, and Pence will too. Welcome President Pelosi

In previous posts I suggested that, at least 20 Republican Senators would vote to remove Trump.  And they'll be his most ardent supporters...  For example, Ted Cruz gushes over Trump....  Yet, Trump accused Cruz's father of assassinating Kennedy, and said his wife is ugly..  Would a real Texas man like Cruz forget that???  Nahh, he wouldn't..  Trump called Marco Rubio small..  Is he gonna forget??  Nahh..  He called Lindsey Graham a nutjob..  Do I need to go on??  That's 4..  He's insulted at least 16 more.  That's 20..

So, back to the post..  Turns out Veep Pence was in on the Ukraine shakedown, so he's gonna get impeached too..  Third in line for the presidency is Speaker of the House - Nancy Pelosi.. 

Is it a coup???  Nahh..  It's a self inflicted impeachment.. 
Welcome Madam President....

Posted - January 17, 2020

Responses

My reading of the political tea leaves suggests most GOP politicians know that their voters are Trump supporters (at least in the GOP primaries).

Much like the Kavanaugh hearings, I believe the impeachment trial is Kabuki theater with a pre-determined outcome.

I would like to see Trump held accountable, because I think failure to hold him accountable will encourage future politicians (most of whom will be significantly more clever than Trump) to attempt similar grifting. But I don't think it will happen.
      January 17, 2020 11:51 PM MST

I am in agreement with Salty. The outcome is pretty much a foregone conclusion, especially since Moscow Mitch has abdicated any semblance of impartiality by announcing his intentions to coordinate the Senate trial with Trump’s defense.

In most normal trials, such a pronouncement might lead to disbarment. But this is Congress, after all, and nothing normal happens there. 

Ted Cruz has no presentable claim to a spine or credibility anyway, so when he votes to clear the man who called him a liar and his wife ugly, we won’t have to wonder how he sleeps at night. That said, Cruz might well still possess more of both qualities than does the ooze that calls itself Lindsay Graham.  This post was edited by Don Barzini at January 18, 2020 7:20 AM MST
      January 18, 2020 5:43 AM MST

I have stepped out a limb, here. But I’m sticking to it. It may be more hope than astute political prognostication. 
      January 18, 2020 7:24 AM MST

I suspect many here (including yours truly) would prefer your prediction does come true. But I just don't see a scenario where 20+ Senators risk political suicide for the greater good of the Republic.
      January 18, 2020 7:29 AM MST

Pence hasn't done anything to warrant impeachment. He pretty much hasn't done anything at all.
      January 18, 2020 9:55 PM MST