Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Has there ever been a non-Catholic SAINT?

Has there ever been a non-Catholic SAINT?

Posted - January 21, 2020

Responses

St. Peter was Jewish.
      January 21, 2020 10:37 AM MST

All of the apostles were Jewish. Jesus as well.
      January 21, 2020 11:07 AM MST

Thank you for your reply.
      January 22, 2020 2:20 AM MST

Me,but I ain't no Saint really Rosie...:) 
      January 21, 2020 10:50 AM MST

You are a saint of non-catholic variety but are not a Saint. Is she is or is she ain't my baby? Is you is or is you ain't a saint? Thank you for your reply D and Happy Wednesday to thee! :)
      January 22, 2020 2:22 AM MST

Lolxx
      January 22, 2020 5:43 AM MST

:):):)
      January 22, 2020 5:46 AM MST

Jesus. 
      January 21, 2020 11:07 AM MST

SAINT Jesus? Really? Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Wednesday to thee.
      January 22, 2020 2:22 AM MST

I do not know if the Catholic church cannonized Jesus as a Saint. But I know Jesus is the only One who was without sin. So He literally is a Saint. (By our common use of the word)

Biblical teaching is quite different. The word 'saint' means one who is sanctified, or set apart for God. It is not a statement of one’s spiritual status that only a few Christians attain. On the contrary, a saint is anyone who has a living relationship with God through his mercy and grace expressed in the death of the Lord Jesus Christ. Hence, every Christian is a saint.

So, the answer of your question depends on which of the 3 definitions of "saint" you mean. This post was edited by my2cents at January 22, 2020 4:49 AM MST
      January 22, 2020 4:30 AM MST

SAINT as defined by the Catholic church. Elevated to that status by means of having a miracle caused by you. That's what I mean. Thank you for your reply.
      January 22, 2020 4:49 AM MST

So you are asking about the Catholic definition. 

All of the original 12 apostles were Jewish and made Catholic saints (except Judas) 
    Paul was also Jewish. Mother Mary, Mary's Mother also Jews. 
      January 22, 2020 5:21 AM MST

I did not know other denominations conferred sainthood m2c. I thought that was a Catholic tradition. Thank you for your reply.
      January 22, 2020 5:30 AM MST

These are people who the Catholic church has canonized as Saints who were all Jewish.
      January 22, 2020 5:32 AM MST

• It hadn't been my intention to be here today. My heart is very troubled right now,  I shan't linger,  but I saw your comments scroll by and I felt compelled to tell you how wonderfully stated your reply is. I love it when you talk about Jesus, m2c. Its one place where our hearts find common ground...at the foot of the cross. I can always do with a little less of Trump, and a little less of me, and a little more discussion of him. Have a good day and If you feel so inclined please pray for me. I am having a very difficult time.
      January 22, 2020 5:39 AM MST

We do have a love for Jesus in common. Saddly the religous side to AM is not very active. 
    Of course, I will say a prayer for you. I am sorry you are having a hard time right now. I do/will pray for your sitituation to get better with God's help. 
      January 22, 2020 5:52 AM MST

Although some will disagree, everyone who truly follows Jesus is a saint. (saint = one who is holy; consecrated (i.e. set apart))
      January 21, 2020 12:44 PM MST

Thank you for your reply Shuhak. I think to be elevated to the sainthood a miracle has to be directly connected to the person. Happy Wednesday! :)
      January 22, 2020 2:23 AM MST

That's what the Catholic Church says.  The bible says differently.  However, I'm not going to argue.
      January 22, 2020 9:18 AM MST

Oh it does? Wanna share? Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      January 22, 2020 9:24 AM MST

To be a saint in the catholic church, one must …

- Perform two verifiable postmortem miracles.

AND...

- Have evidence of having led an exemplary life of goodness and virtue worthy of imitation, OR having died a heroic death (martyrdom), OR having undergone a major conversion of heart where a previous immoral life is abandoned and replaced by one of outstanding holiness.

Biblically, however, a saint is anyone who has been saved (believed, repented and baptized into Christ).  Thus, the moment a person comes up from the ‘watery grave of baptism’ they ARE a saint (and God sees them as such).  No waiting 5 years, no consulting a pope or bishop, no miracles, no heroic deeds, no exemplary life.  In fact, those so-called “requirements “are found nowhere in the bible.  They were created by people. 

January 22, 2020 10:58 AM MST

So the moment you are baptized you are eligible for sainthood? Most of us are baptized when we are infants. I wonder how many potential saints there are in the world based upon that criterion? Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      January 22, 2020 11:06 AM MST

No, you ARE a saint.  Saint means Holy, sacred, set apart for God (sanctified).  When a christian is baptized, they become holy, sacred, set apart (the old person is dead and they rise up to walk in newness of life).
    Infant baptism is NOT biblical baptism.  It's not found anywhere in the bible.  One must choose to be baptised (understand what they are doing) adn an infant cannot do that.  Baptism is a covenant (contract).  We would think it ludicrous to allow an infant to sign a contact to buy a house.  Becoming a christian is even more consequential than that.  Jesus said that following Him would exact a great price and that one should count the cost first.  In other words, it's a very serious contact.

There could be a lot of saints in the world, but as I said earlier, only those who TRULY follow Jesus (do what He said) are real saints.   There are many pretenders out there (pseudo-saints).  They talk the talk, but they don't walk the walk.
      January 22, 2020 6:02 PM MST

Many if not all Anglican churches are dedicated to saints, but I don't know if that goes back to the time before Henry VIII's Dissolution and establishment of the Church of England. Until then all English and European churches were Catholic anyway. 

In very many cases, they used the same physical buildings, just changed the sect.  
      January 21, 2020 3:36 PM MST