Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Environment » For me summer DRAGS by. Day after hot day after hot day. The other seasons pass by reasonably and normally. What season DRAGS by very slowly for you? Why?

For me summer DRAGS by. Day after hot day after hot day. The other seasons pass by reasonably and normally. What season DRAGS by very slowly for you? Why?

Posted - June 30, 2016

Responses

I don´t like summer , either.

My favourite season is Fall.

June 30, 2016 6:59 PM MDT

((hugs)) Bingo. Exactamundo! That's our favorite season too Uc.  What's not to LOVE about Autumn? Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! We've been in triple-digit- hot days for weeks now! It's barely summer! AARRGGHH! :)

July 1, 2016 3:29 AM MDT

*Sending a pitcher of extra chilled mint tea to RosieG*
      July 1, 2016 10:07 PM MDT

Boy oh boy it sure pays to have friends Uc! Thanks for the mint tea. It is supercalifragilisticexpialadocious!! Let me tell you about my favoritest Auturmns thus far. I lived for five years in Massachusetts! Need I say more? In the Autumn the roadside stand vendors would come out with McIntosh apples fresh off the trees...pressed cider...cheddar cheese...apple jellies and pies. The fall foliage was incredible. We lived in the town of East Acton, Massachusetts and  were within a couple of miles of Walden Pond. Yes. THAT Walden Pond. Though you were not allowed to go in the water you could go down by it. There were many trees surrounding the pond and the reflection of the trees in the water was breathtaking. We'd take a blanket,  sit on the ground and just look. My son and I. It was so peaceful and so beautiful. I was born in Michigan and moved out to  California at the age of 3. Yes. California is gorgeous..especially its beaches. But for astonishingly beautiful? That is New England for me. A stroll down  memory lane! Happy Saturday to thee m'dear!  :)

July 2, 2016 1:45 AM MDT

Oh, what a beautiful description of my fav season.

Yes, that´s exactly why I love it so much.

Thank you for taking me back to my favourite memories.

July 2, 2016 2:21 PM MDT

id rather have the heat than to be tripping over snow

July 2, 2016 8:39 PM MDT

You're welcome Uc. You began the stroll with your kind gift of extra chilled mint tea! See how one thing leads to another?  :) Thank you for your reply! :)

July 3, 2016 5:40 AM MDT

I wouldn't. Jim and I intensely dislike the oppressive summer heat. You can keep warm in winter. You can never get cool enough in triple-digit weather unless you crank up the air conditioner and that costs a lot of money! I'll take the snow any day. Thank you for your reply pearl!  :)

July 3, 2016 5:42 AM MDT

• Go get a job a Wal Mart.

July 3, 2016 5:47 AM MDT

• I always find winter a bit too long, and spring and especially autumn, too short.  The temperature doesn't vary hugely, but since I grew up in a very dry part of the UK and now live in the wettest the seemingly incessant rainfall between October and April can be a bit depressing.

At the same time we only need to heat the house properly for about one month a year and have no need for air conditioning and only the occasional use of an electric fan.  I won't complain.  :)

July 3, 2016 6:50 AM MDT

Oh gosh how lucky are you?  Well I honestly can't think of a nicer person to whom I would wish good luck. Of course you know we in in California would be thrilled to accept whatever part of the "incessant rainfall between October and April" you can spare. We'd have to figger out the logistics of that of course but hopefully we could!  I won't even tell you what our monthly electricity rates are for the summer months  in Hemet . But I think your imagination is good enough to figure that out. Thank you for your reply MrWitch! Lucky lucky lucky lucky you! :)

July 3, 2016 10:31 AM MDT