Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Once upon a time the US Senate usta be a body that was respected. These days it serves solely as an object of ridicule. Who is at fault?

Once upon a time the US Senate usta be a body that was respected. These days it serves solely as an object of ridicule. Who is at fault?

The moscow mitch and his eunuchs or dumb don?. Or did they conspire collude to effect that change together forever wherever they go?

Posted - January 29, 2020

Responses

As long as the Senate conducts its business within the guidelines of the Constitution it should be respected regardless of political party affiliation. These days it serves solely as an object of ridicule? Of course, it's an object of ridicule, mainly by the Democrats because they aren't in the majority. Who is at fault? The Dems because they are the ones doing most of the ridiculing. That's quite apparent.

January 29, 2020 9:20 AM MST

Meh.

Democrats are following the same process the Republicans used for Clinton..

You continue comment about ridicule is rich  given the worship conservatives have for a man who bullied a 17 year old Swedish girl with autism. 

Trump has no understanding of the US constitution 

LOL This post was edited by Jon at January 29, 2020 10:44 AM MST
      January 29, 2020 9:34 AM MST

Trump has no understanding of most things.  
      January 29, 2020 10:04 AM MST

:):):)
      January 29, 2020 10:45 AM MST

Spunky, My dog has worms. I am giving him Droncit to remove them. I wish I could give the US a HUGE dose to eliminate us from the parasitic trumpworm. This post was edited by Jon at January 29, 2020 12:39 PM MST
      January 29, 2020 12:15 PM MST

Oh, poor pup.  I agree with you, but I'm not sure there's enough Droncit to do the entire job.
      January 29, 2020 12:39 PM MST

:):):) That's the dumb don MO JG. He ain't dumb without good reason.
      January 29, 2020 10:44 AM MST

In all fairness, Congress' approval rate is about 8% - that covers both parties.  Not much of a ringing endorsement, if you ask me.
      January 29, 2020 10:05 AM MST

Well I can't speak to that or relate to that since I thought the HOUSE MANAGERS did an awesome job presenting the case against dumb don. Of course Nancy Pelosi chose her brightest and best to present the case. So whatever the other 92% think I disagree with all of them. Now Adam Schiff and Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters and Katie Portie and some others are CALIFORNIANS. Of which and of whom I am inordinately PROUD! My prez candidate would happily have been Kamala Harris, another Californian. I know their work. I know the quality. I am a proud member of that 8% L. How about you? Do you like your state representatives in Washington? I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply! :)
      January 29, 2020 10:39 AM MST

My state representatives are Schumer and Gillibrand.  I like Schumer, but I'm less enamored with Gillibrand.  I do believe that Adam Schiff is one of the smartest people in government.  Pelosi is smart and cunning which is a good thing to be if you're House Speaker.  Maxine Waters is off-putting to me, less because of her policies than how she presents herself.  I find her argumentative.  Schiff gets his point across in what I find a more diplomatic way.  
      January 29, 2020 12:46 PM MST

Early on Maxine was among the first to call for dumb don's impeachment. She is one smart cooky and drives don nuts. She doesn't try to be anything other than what she is which I admire. She speaks her mind at all times. Reminds me of someone we both know. I like Chuck Schumer. Gillibrand I'm not that familiar with. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      January 29, 2020 2:06 PM MST

I'm all for speaking one's mind, but when you're in the public eye and you want people to side with you, being abrasive isn't always the best way to go about getting what you want.  
      January 29, 2020 9:07 PM MST

That's why I dislike Bernie Sanders. He is a very abrasive irascible angry man. I like Maxine's spunk. She is definitely a California gal and probably I'd feel the same about her even if she were not a Californian. Dumb don has a particular disaffection for all things Californian, especially women. What he hates I will always adore. SIGH. Thank you for your reply L and Happy Thursday! :)
      January 30, 2020 2:12 AM MST

I agree - Bernie always sounds like he's yelling.  I would characterize him as "curmudgeonly."  However, I must admit that he has a great smile. :)  Happy Thursday.
      January 30, 2020 7:10 AM MST

When was that? Congress approval is usually in the teens or below.
      January 29, 2020 10:44 AM MST