Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Language » Did your parents ever correct your grammar?

Did your parents ever correct your grammar?

Posted - February 4, 2020

Responses

Yes, my mom was a huge stickler for grammar. She would mock us whenever we spoke incorrectly and make us repeat ourselves correctly. 
      February 4, 2020 3:11 PM MST

No, they were morons who seldom listened to us. 
      February 4, 2020 4:25 PM MST

Calling your parents morons?  Really?  
      February 4, 2020 4:27 PM MST

With unshakable conviction. You have no idea. 
      February 4, 2020 5:33 PM MST

I don't recall that Mom did, but she may not have needed to. She was an English teacher and and we probably learned good grammar by listening to her.
      February 4, 2020 4:33 PM MST

Yes.  My mother is a wordsmith.  She has written beautiful poems.  I had no idea how much writing she had done until my sister and I cleaned out her house when she finally let us move her to an assisted living apartment.  She has written volumes.  I have it all, handwritten on any kind of paper she could get her hands on.  I will publish some of them at a much later time.  Right now if I ask her about it she acts as if she has no clue what I'm talking about.  However, I still am finding her writings in her AL apartment.  But aside from the poetry, she speaks perfect English, writes it too.   She's 86 and I heard her utter a swear word not long ago.....the first EVER....not sure what to make of that. 
      February 4, 2020 6:24 PM MST

All the time. Mum was a school marm before she had me, and never got out of the habit.
      February 4, 2020 6:47 PM MST