Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Do you think Randy chased away Stu spelling bee?

Do you think Randy chased away Stu spelling bee?

Posted - February 5, 2020

Responses

Nope. 

~
      February 5, 2020 8:00 AM MST

• He’s like beetlejuice! You Said his name and he reappeared. 
      February 5, 2020 11:04 AM MST

I just saw that.
      February 5, 2020 12:00 PM MST

They are both grammar and speeling articulate.  I think Stu is giving him the silent treatment.

He is not one to correct others but I know he notices. He twinges when he reads something not correctly written. 
    However, he has pride and integrity.  If challenged, I don't think he would let Randy feel a win.

It would be fun to put them to a true test without any tools.  Just cut-throat spelling, hyphens, and all.
    Another challenge might be grammar.  As we all know, language is ever changing.  I go by old school.  Some may disagree with punctuation and spelling.  
      February 5, 2020 11:11 AM MST

spelling.  LOL
      February 5, 2020 12:01 PM MST

:) :)!!
      February 6, 2020 12:21 PM MST

(speeling spelling)
      (ever changing ever-changing)
      February 5, 2020 11:02 PM MST

You know how much I love that you do care with a spelling feeling of emotions and ever-changing demands.
    Without you and Element, my writing would be sitting in the attic full of wishes waiting to come forth.
    I'm really not sure if I would like a stand-off between you and Stu.  
    I wouldn't know whose side to be on.  
    I am just glad you both are here.
    The end.
    Lots of happy thoughts and good vibes, always!
    I appreciate both of you. 

February 6, 2020 12:25 PM MST

"Ever-changing" as an adjective (and therefore requiring the hyphen) before a noun--OK; using it as a predicate adjective as you did, probably also hyphenated although not clearly required.

Also, if depending on what you were trying to emphasize by "inflection"---use or don't use the hyphen.

Grammar serves communication; communication should not be hampered by the rules of grammar.

And personally, when you wrote "speeling," I thought you were just daring Randy to respond---lol
      February 6, 2020 1:20 PM MST

I was---lol. 
    I have found it hard to rise him to the occasion these days.  I was starting to get worried.
    I started to think his knew infatuation with the hyphen was troubling him.
    I know it started me re-thinking my wording and actually had me take a break from writing here for fear of not using the hyphen correctly.
    Lord knows, I make enough grammical errors in my writing to begin with but to think I had all these hyphen errors and still have them scared me.
    Randy and I had this unspoken agreement, years ago.  Those were the days when I was more timid and Merlin showed his courage.
    Now, I am more secure to make mistakes.  At least I am writing and that makes me happy! happy!
    Thank you, tom jackson, for coming forth.  I think you should capital/capitol (ize) your name.  
    Big Giggles.  
    You are worthy.
    :) :)! This post was edited by Merlin at February 6, 2020 3:35 PM MST
      February 6, 2020 2:20 PM MST

I have never thought of grammar and rules of communication to be different from one another.
    This is definitely a "rule" to think about and incorporate in my writing and/or communicating.
    I'm not sure if I know how to communicate through writing what doesn't go through my brain as I speak.  
    I would love to learn how to do that. 
    Thank you for your insight.

February 6, 2020 2:36 PM MST

If he tried, it didn't work. 
      February 5, 2020 3:40 PM MST