Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Rolex wearers ARE VERY RICH. So are smokers. It takes a fortune to buy death sticks these days. Who needs food?

Rolex wearers ARE VERY RICH. So are smokers. It takes a fortune to buy death sticks these days. Who needs food?

What other things do people to show off how very rich they are?

Furs jewels yachts cars vacation homes travel.

Gucci pucci woochi hoochi koocki! Starbucks five times a day every day. For starters.

Must be nice to be that rich.

Posted - February 6, 2020

Responses

Smokers are rich???? Lol.

Just because someone has nice things does not mean they are rich. We do not know how they got it. Someone may have given it to them or they inherited. They may have saved for years/decades....they may have excellent credit. 
      February 6, 2020 11:50 AM MST

:)
      February 6, 2020 11:52 AM MST

Smokers aren't rich.  Many homeless people smoke... and they sure aren't rich.  In fact, there are more poor smokers than rich ones. 

People like to feel proud of what they have or what they've done.  It gives them a feeling of satisfaction  As the saying goes - "if you got it flaunt it".  What if a 'poor' person saved and saved for years until they were finally able to afford something nice (say, a new car).   Of course they're going to show it off.  It doesnt mean theyre rich, just proud.

Some "rich" people, however, don't flaunt their wealth because they're proud, but because they want to gloat (look what I have and you don't).  It doesn't matter how "wealthy" a person is, when one's possessions or wealth causes them to disdain others, they're nothing more than pompous braggarts.

nice Starbucks jab, BTW  :)   
      February 6, 2020 12:53 PM MST

I cannot remember my ever feeling PROUD of owning anything Shuhak. I'm not a THING person. Different strokes. Thank you for your thoughtful reply What thing are you proud of owning? Happy Friday! :)
      February 7, 2020 1:00 AM MST

I'm not proud of owning things either.  
    The first time I drove my brand new truck into the store parking lot I felt kind of proud (many, many years ago).  I didn't feel superior to anyone else or that my truck was better than their 'older' cars, just pleased.  Things are just that - things.  If I'm blessed with them, I try to be thankful.  But I never want to gloat over having them.
      February 7, 2020 10:34 AM MST

Are you happy?  Then don't worry what other people spend money on.  I don't. It is not my business unless they are taking MY money.Just being rich is not a crime.  Being Ben Carson or Devin Nunez or any of those jerks that are taking our money?  Those morons do not deserve a dime and I wish they were buying enough  cancer sticks to end that whole Administration.  I doubt if any of those crumb bums smoke.  
      February 6, 2020 7:23 PM MST