Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Fill in the Blank » I just love my old _____________? I just hate my new ______________?

I just love my old _____________? I just hate my new ______________?

I have nothing on my mind

Posted - September 21, 2016

Responses

"I just love my old Latin language? I just hate my new Windows 10 insistent updating?"
      September 21, 2016 5:33 PM MDT

dishwasher

September 22, 2016 10:07 AM MDT

hmmm. ..  I know that they have already updated me in Windows 8 everytime they felt like it so I am totally used to it.

The other day they updated me and screwed up my router.   The update didn't even take.

September 22, 2016 10:10 AM MDT

oh how'd that come to pass, Thrifty? 

You should have gotten a better machine, not sure why that happened.  Maybe it is too new-fangled for ye.

September 22, 2016 10:11 AM MDT

The government has caused ruin for both clothes washers and dishwashers with the DOE's new regulations.  I'm just part of a large majority of people who have bought both in the last couple of years.  I managed to buy Speed Queen laundry machines out of their last batch not affected.  My dishwasher was quite expensive and gets the dishes clean.  A normal wash takes two hours; my old one took 40 minutes. 

September 22, 2016 11:07 AM MDT

I have heard people blame the government for a lotta things, but never a dishwasher.  You are the first I've heard grouse about this one.  But what do I know?

September 22, 2016 12:35 PM MDT

All you have to do is use a search engine, or just talk to me, if you are going to buy.  I did the research.    Americans are PO'd.  Like I said I actually got lucky and got one of the last really good washers and paid a ton for it.  My dishwasher is high end.  All of the new regs were to use less water, but like so many of the gov's little projects, it is a fail.  So what if it uses less water if it has to run more than twice as long, the amount of electricity used is doubled and the machines will last less than half as long as the old ones........so we'll get to replace them every three or four years.    Also, I've read that the production of the new machines is in someway worse for the environment but I paid little attention to that part of the whole fiasco.  The washers now fill up half way and call that a full load. There is a work around for most models of top load washers if you don't mind opening up your brand new machine and making some adjustments that would likely void your warranty.  Even the old front loaders were decent, but now.......you couldn't give me one of the new-model front load washers.  I have a daughter and three neighbors who spent thousands on new washer/dryers that are horrible.    Americans enjoyed affordable and functional large appliances until this set of regs went into effect.  If you have machines you like, hang on to them.  I had to let a good washer go when I renovated.  My neighbor snatched it up when she found out I was replacing it. 

September 23, 2016 12:26 AM MDT

place where i used to live, had more friends there, not crazy about this place since i dont seem to have any

September 24, 2016 7:28 PM MDT