Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Sports » How could anyone actually believe Bernie Sanders will get elected President, when he can't even GOLF?

How could anyone actually believe Bernie Sanders will get elected President, when he can't even GOLF?

Did you ever see Bernie golf? 

Posted - February 18, 2020

Responses

I have to guess you're joking.

Lots of high falutin' people play golf, but it's hardly a criterion for POTUS.

February 19, 2020 12:16 AM MST

You are not good at subtleties are you?  

THIS IS OBVIOUSLY A JOKE.  Do you see my Avatar message?  I worship Bernie.  And Trump has spent his entire reign on the GOLF COURSE cheating.  Every President of the UNITED STATES is a freaking golfer for some stupid reason. Maybe because it is an elitist sport that only the wealthy can afford to really appreciate.  
      February 19, 2020 9:48 AM MST

I used to play golf EVERY DAY including one winter when the temperature was at least 35 degrees F.  I cracked my balls a few times until I learned to keep 'em warm in my pockets. Note: I was not the only one out there playing in the cold. 
      February 19, 2020 12:34 AM MST

I am cracking up with laughter at you cracking your balls while playing golf in such cold weather.
    I'm glad to hear the smarter side of your brain took over and you thought to keep them in your PANTs pockets and you weren't playing in shorts.
    Thanks for the morning Giggle!
    :) ;)
      February 19, 2020 9:29 AM MST

You should have tried running for President.
      February 19, 2020 9:49 AM MST

Nah, they already had a President Wilson, and he was a Demoncrat.  Furthermore, I think the two Harrison Presidents were Republicans.
      February 19, 2020 10:02 PM MST

What did Presidents do before they were expected to golf?

There was a bowling alley installed for President Truman.  Ironically, he didn't care for bowling, but allowed staffers to form a league.

Some Presidential hobbies that would be hilarious to see, today:

John Quincy Adams went skinny-dipping in the Potomac.  He also kept reptiles as pets, including an alligator.
    Theodore Roosevelt - boxing.  Who wouldn't love to see a President get knocked around?
    Andrew Jackson - dueling.  A President willing to be shot at?  'nough said.

February 19, 2020 8:46 AM MST

I didn't know those were hobbies of former Presidents and after reading them, I found they had one thing in common.
    They wanted and needed to validate they were bigger... well, maybe not John Quincy Adams since I imagine that water was pretty darn cold... and stronger, (add the alligator, ;)) than the average man.
    Being in such a powerful position must weigh heavy on a man's ego. This post was edited by Merlin at February 19, 2020 8:14 PM MST
      February 19, 2020 9:39 AM MST

I loved your answer.  Imagine TRUMP doing any of the sports that don't allow CHEATING.  

The moron is so deranged, he CHEATS at golf, everyone knows it and THINKS it is okay to lie and act like he is this great golfer.  He is so fat he cannot even twist right.
      February 19, 2020 9:51 AM MST

How could anyone actually believe Bernie Sanders will get elected president, period?
      February 19, 2020 9:35 AM MST

It's a comic relief? ;) :)
      February 19, 2020 9:45 AM MST

• He's a fugitive from the grave.  If he doesn't kick the bucket before the elections he'll definitely die in the landslide.  
      February 19, 2020 10:27 AM MST

Or simply ride it to victory.
      February 19, 2020 11:37 AM MST

• Damn, the mass insanity is even worse than I thought. :P
      February 19, 2020 12:18 PM MST

Yep---never underestimate the danger of stupid people in large groups---even if they are in the minority like Trump supporters.

Edit:  I corrected the italics to the correct phrase---I left out a word.   It actually came from one of the local Sunday papers (now there is only one) about 15 or more years or so..The last panel contained the word that was being defined by what is in italics above.  The word was DEMOCRACY This post was edited by tom jackson at February 21, 2020 6:11 PM MST
      February 21, 2020 3:41 PM MST

Oh, so your litmus test is golf?
      February 19, 2020 10:13 PM MST

Southpaw, you guys are  horrible at getting a JOKE.  Look at you and look at everyone on here.  They have the most clueless answers.
    The IDEA is a joke.  All the Presidents for NO reason on earth, seem to golf and hours of news time is always centered around HOW MUCH THEY GOLF, HOW MUCH TIME THEY WASTE GOLFING.  ETC.  Don't you ever notice that?   That was the joke.  

I thought it was obvious.  I know if I said that to Salty Pebble for instance, that bird would get it.  Because?  He understands political jokes.

GOD.  I have to school the universe.  
      February 19, 2020 10:22 PM MST

From late-night host Jimmy Kimmel at the time:

Amid the weeks-long government shutdown sparked by Trump's demand for funding for his long-promised border wall, Donald Trump has not been able to play a round of golf in 52 days.

The only time the president gets to yell 'fore' now is when he tells his staff how many Whoppers he wants for lunch.".
      February 21, 2020 3:18 PM MST