Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » why people think Jesus is coming back? he wasn’t nailed to a boomerang

why people think Jesus is coming back? he wasn’t nailed to a boomerang

Posted - February 20, 2020

Responses

How do you know?  

Were you there?

Yeah, you got that yummy, yum
    That yummy, yum
    That yummy, yummy
    That yummy, yum
    That yummy, yummy
    Say the word, on my way
    Yeah babe, yeah babe, yeah babe
    Any night, any day
    Say the word, on my way
    Yeah babe, yeah babe, yeah babe
    In the morning or late
    Say the word, on my way
    Bonafide stallion
    You ain't in no stable, no, you stay on the run
    Ain't on the side, you're number one
    Yeah, every time I come around, you get it done
    Fifty-fifty, love the way you split it
    Hunnid racks, help me spend it, babe
    Light a match, get litty, babe
    That jet set, watch the sunset kinda, yeah, yeah
    Rollin' eyes back in my head, make my toes curl, yeah, yeah
    That yummy, yum
    That yummy, yummy
    That…

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 20, 2020 6:17 PM MST
      February 20, 2020 1:37 PM MST

Bible prophecy
      February 20, 2020 1:41 PM MST

:) :)
      March 25, 2020 3:17 PM MDT

• And He didn't wear a red & white velvet suit, nor climb down chimneys, nor chute Keester eggs out of his butt for little boys & girls to scavenge for, so why do you raise your kids to believe such lies?  You're such a role model.
      February 20, 2020 2:19 PM MST

Its in The Bible.  Boomerangs have nothing to do with it. Please have more imagination. 
      February 20, 2020 2:23 PM MST

• Ugh, boomerangs.  I live in constant fear because I threw one 6 years ago and it never came back. 
      February 20, 2020 2:44 PM MST

That was a stick, numb-nuts. (LOL) This post was edited by Element 99 at February 22, 2020 5:06 PM MST
      February 20, 2020 6:18 PM MST

• :P
      February 21, 2020 7:29 AM MST

Because he left his casserole pan at The Last Supper (TM), and said he'd be back for it (after the host washed it, of course).
      February 20, 2020 2:55 PM MST

It's it's own fault for not purchasing a return ticket when he got nailed for being a fraud .... :( 
      February 20, 2020 3:38 PM MST

It was drilled into them as children, and they never questioned it. 
      February 20, 2020 5:07 PM MST

....there is that.  But you know the line, "just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you."?  Well, just because they are brainwashed sheep, don't mean it didn't happen anyway.   Sharon
      February 20, 2020 5:10 PM MST

True, Sharon, good point. 

What I mentioned is only the most common reason for that belief, and most other religious convictions. Others merely acquiesce to the culture of their regional faith. 

But faith is not proof of anything being true, no matter how many declare the same belief. Belief systems rose amid the absence of facts -which is to say, real understanding; and concordantly, religiosity tends to be inversely proportional to the amount of fact-based education. 
    The truth is what the facts are. An unsupported claim is no more valid than one proven wrong. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at February 20, 2020 8:22 PM MST
      February 20, 2020 5:41 PM MST

Where did he go?  Wasn't he a Puerto Rican boxer?
      February 20, 2020 6:21 PM MST

Because humans are a story-telling species, and the epic battle between Good incarnate and Evil incarnate is one many people love.

Just look at how many superhero movies get cranked out every year.
      February 20, 2020 6:47 PM MST

Here is the most believable reason how religion got invented......Kill a few disbelievers to begin with publicly and the lambs are ready for the slaughter ....:(  
      February 20, 2020 7:07 PM MST

• Which is exactly how it DID NOT happen.  When Christianity began it was the believers who were killed and martyred not the unbelievers.  Christianity was seen as a threat by governments in power and so followers of this new faith were persecuted.  Amazingly it still failed to stop them or the movement.  They continued to believe in Christ Jesus even unto their death.

As Tertullian, in the second century, wrote in his "Apologeticus" directly addressing the Roman Empire.. “We are a divine revelation. That is why you cannot just exterminate us; the more you kill the more we are. The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church

It was only as time went on that the Church became corrupt and the sanctioned slaughter of unbelievers sadly became widespread.  By the time these actions took place though, the religion of Christianity had already fully grown and blossomed from its early days of martyrdom.
      February 20, 2020 7:31 PM MST

You say ,when it began.....that means it was invented by uneducated man does it not and mostly by war like clans or tribes that took others lands ,goods and chattel and turned weaker people into slaves ..
    Nothing wrong with that as it's still going on world wide almost unabated .....
    Weirder still is how much money these so called religions rack in off of the countless different religious orders....
    They still come round people's homes in England begging the working class people for money even though they are the most wealthy people in the world with trillions in their coffers  and still wanting more..:(
      February 20, 2020 7:59 PM MST

• Yes, any religion and those whom claim to be religious are susceptible to becoming corrupt and morphing into a dark twisted version of what the tenants of their belief say they should be.  Though they don't often wish to concede this, they are equally at risk of susceptibility to these perversions as those who are secular minded who claim no affiliation to religion at all.  Some would even argue more so.  I personally can't think of any group of people that Satan would be more content with making profane and degenerate than those who profess a spiritual faith.  Thankfully there is a difference, however minute it may seem to onlookers, between being a follower of the pure teachings of Jesus Christ and a believer in the power of Love, and being a pious zealot whom follows blindly a structured denominational man-made organized religion.
      February 20, 2020 8:19 PM MST

I believe in those that manage to do well helping those that don't have the luck or knowledge to....it's also the county where you are horn into.....
    How much is ever enough.....what happenes when you get bored with money ?
    Who is this Mr Satan and where does he live......it's humsns that are evil and greedy...you can't blame that on another imaginary person .... Plus that imaginary person has never written any hate filled thick books...
    The bible says I think that kill disbelievers and infidels ...certainly more men women,childred and babies  have been slaughtered in the name of all religions over the centuries and even to this day in various countries around the world....

Good and bad will always exist in the world.......it has nothing whatsoever to do with religion....
      February 20, 2020 8:54 PM MST

• And that is where you and I stand on opposite sides of a divide.  Nevertheless, surely you know I like you and always enjoy interacting with you here and just as no two people agree on every single thing every single time, I do hope you know that this same heart of mine that professes to love the Lord, and love others, loves you too.
      February 20, 2020 9:00 PM MST

Lol......we are the same in many ways ,but different in others....I to enjoy your wisdom and comments ,you are very articulate and its a pleasure to interact with you...
    I mean/meant you no malice ...I just can't do religion in any sense or form....
    We are all free to believe in what we want....I don't know anyone though that goes around people's homes preaching their disbeliefs......lol
      February 20, 2020 9:20 PM MST

The proliferation of super hero movies may also lead us to conclude we are a capitalist-inclined species, as well. Lol
      February 20, 2020 8:00 PM MST

There is a wonderful moment in the Bill Maher movie Religulous where he speaks to an actor who portrays Jesus in biblical reenactments at a Bible-themed theme park. The quotes below are approximate:

Maher: So, when is Jesus going to come back and smite Satan and establish Heaven on Earth?

Actor: He will...

Maher: What's he waiting for?

Shortly thereafter, Maher gives his hypothesis as to why Jesus' return is so indefinite. Because once Jesus comes back and smites Satan, the story is over. It's the same reason in all of those superhero movies the Super Villain is never entirely vanquished. If there is no Lex Luthor, Superman doesn't have anything to do except rescue kittens from trees, and who wants to read about that (or watch a movie).

And, yes, because these stories will sell reliably, they tend to get remade (over and over and over and over and over again)
      February 20, 2020 9:12 PM MST