Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » To you, what are the most untrustworthy professions?

To you, what are the most untrustworthy professions?

Posted - February 21, 2020

Responses

Any thing legal.....it's just a licence to print money for ones self....at anothers expense...
      February 21, 2020 4:29 PM MST

What Nice Jugs said.
      February 21, 2020 4:48 PM MST

Win or loose ,they still coin it in....Their favourite trick it to play Ping Pong by sending repeated same letters time and time again back and forth to each other...not to mention the lies they tell...
      February 21, 2020 5:02 PM MST

To me, you can't blame the title of the job.  It's the people who promote and demand them.

All the people who made charging us for necessities we need to survive or to die, peacefully.

The people who made the curve on doctors charging so much money.
    The people who made us pay for water.
    The people who decided it was o.k. to charge for air.
    The people made it important to be skinny or fat.
    The marketing people.
    The people who place demands on any and every thing we need to survive.

Big Business because commercial society has made money power and because owning land is a need and we are over-populated.

None of us should have to fight.  We ALL Need the same things.  There is no reason to impoverish some because there isn't enough money. 
    The same darn things that you and I need are the same darn things that people with a lot of money need.
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
    I'll stop.  I'm sure you already know my point.
      February 21, 2020 5:03 PM MST

I recently had an observation based upon my experiences at work, where I have to deal both with homeless people and sales professionals.

What I noticed is their behaviors are surprisingly similar. Both groups are very self-centered, demanding, always in a hurry, and indifferent to normal polite human interaction.

And I think their behaviors have a common root cause: members of both groups are constantly in search of their next "fix."

A large proportion of homeless people have substance abuse problems, and their lives are consumed by acquiring and ingesting their substance of abuse. Contrary to popular understanding, this is usually not so much to get "high" as to stave off the agony of withdrawal symptoms.

Similarly, people whose lives depend directly upon the profit from sales are always looking to score that next "hit" of money to stave off being broke.

That's what unbridled raw capitalism produces: a population of dope fiends. And I think history bears out this notion. It is usually in professions where outcomes are directly sales-driven that we see the greatest amount of corruption and scandal.
      February 21, 2020 6:34 PM MST

• G-wo/men
      February 21, 2020 6:56 PM MST

Most of the People in the firewood business. They will swear on a stack of  Bibles that it's a good cord and it's 2 season  dry but usally it's not a full cord and it's not 2 season dry.  Cheers and happy weekend!
      February 21, 2020 7:00 PM MST

I suspect most people in the firewood business would argue  a not-full-cord which is not-2-season-dry is the best you should expect for the pittance you're willing to pay for their product....
      February 21, 2020 7:22 PM MST

Firewood is usally $250 a cord around here. Were lucky when we have to buy it because we get it for $200 and it's a true cord  plus a little extra. Cheers and happy weekend! 
      February 21, 2020 7:48 PM MST

Having no knowledge of the firewood business, I have no idea if that's a good price or not. But if you're happy with your purchase, that's what's important.
      February 21, 2020 7:53 PM MST

Yikes...it's $75 a cord here.
      February 22, 2020 9:00 AM MST

What a big difference in price - I wonder what the reason is for such a big difference. Cheers and happy weekend!
      February 22, 2020 9:39 AM MST

Our metropolitan populace is expanding and forest land is being cut down, yielding a plethora of firewood.
      February 22, 2020 7:19 PM MST

That explains it. There is a lot of  work and expense to making a cord of wood I'm a little jealous that you can get it for way less then me but I also feel for the people in the firewood biz in your area. Cheers and happy weekend!
      February 22, 2020 7:50 PM MST

With a gas powered splitter it is easy. I had a dead tree cut down and had them cut it into fireplace lengths. I cut about two cords in four hours. It was fun.
      February 23, 2020 9:59 AM MST

How about Politics!?!?
      February 23, 2020 5:15 AM MST